Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WBO #3, IBF #4 super featherweight Kevin Mitchell (26-0, 19 KOs) will make his US debut on the undercard of Gary Lockett's world middleweight title challenge against Kelly Pavlik on June 7. Mitchell, the British, Commonwealth, WBO and IBF Intercotinental champion, will only be defending his WBO Intercontinental belt at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. It will be Mitchell's third fight in 2008, and his first since ripping the British title away from teak-tough Carl Johanneson. No opponent has been announced. "I'll knock out whoever they put in front of me and do it in style to show everyone out there us Brits mean business," stated Mitchell, who is intent on fighting for a world title before the end of the year, and has his sights firmly set on promotional stablemate and current interim WBO champion Alex Arthur.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet Mark, knowing Fwank though it wont be a live body. LOL!

·
Registered
830 Posts
The lad is a good boxer, I like the way he switches up head to body combinations, he has good hands. The big questions for me in moving up in class are his stamina as he doesn't pace himself that well and I'm not so sure how good his chin will be when clocked by a decent puncher.....interesting fighter though and should be well liked in the US if he can string a few Ws together.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lad is a good boxer, I like the way he switches up head to body combinations, he has good hands. The big questions for me in moving up in class are his stamina as he doesn't pace himself that well and I'm not so sure how good his chin will be when clocked by a decent puncher.....interesting fighter though and should be well liked in the US if he can string a few Ws together.
He needs to pace himself a little more i know what your saying CF, a lot like what we were discussing with a young Benn (im not comparing Kev to a young Benn people) but i think his chin is fine. He's ate some big shots so far and Carl hit him with some bombs and he's a big puncher.

Experience should calm Kev down a bit, i never thought he had much boxiung ability in his youth but he's actualy proved me wrong in his last few fights, the kid looks to have everything.

hopefully, whoever warren tabs will have a little life them;)
Im thinking maybe a Bob Pac type he'll be in with Mark. Dangerous enough but no chance of winning.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hes a good fighter to watch and is very skillful. I would like to see him with some solid opposition that is going to push him, Johannesson was a good step up last fight now he needs to move up again IMO. No doubt i won't get to see a step up in this fight though, you can usually count on T.B.A not to present too much of a challenge.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I was planning on showing up to the fight a little late but I wanna catch a glimpse of Mitchell as well. though I doubt he fights anyone who will give him trouble like Ladsleed stated.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I was planning on showing up to the fight a little late but I wanna catch a glimpse of Mitchell as well. though I doubt he fights anyone who will give him trouble like Ladsleed stated.
You should definetly check him out mate. Hes a decent prospect and is entertaining to watch:thumbsup:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I was very impressed with Mitchell in the Carl Johanneson fight. I think he can be champion
I think Mitchell looked better in his fight with Andrey Isaev. If Mitchell needs an opponent he should fight Rocky Juarez. Juarez was set to fight Jorge Barrios on the Mosley-Judah under card. I don't think the fight is still on. Juarez would be a good opponent. I would take Juarez to beat him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think Mitchell looked better in his fight with Andrey Isaev. If Mitchell needs an opponent he should fight Rocky Juarez. Juarez was set to fight Jorge Barrios on the Mosley-Judah under card. I don't think the fight is still on. Juarez would be a good opponent. I would take Juarez to beat him.
The Isaev fight was poor, many said after that fight Kev had no skill.

He's looked great since then though.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
The Isaev fight was poor, many said after that fight Kev had no skill.

He's looked great since then though.
Isaev was/is pretty crude. But he showed an outstanding chin. He made Mitchell work. He actually impressed me more than Mitchell. But it was still a good win for Mitchell

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Isaev was/is pretty crude. But he showed an outstanding chin. He made Mitchell work. He actually impressed me more than Mitchell. But it was still a good win for Mitchell

Mitchel basicly hurt him every round and couldn't finish him untill late. Not one of his better fights but he's been impressive since.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Mitchel basicly hurt him every round and couldn't finish him untill late. Not one of his better fights but he's been impressive since.
Have you seen the fight? Isaev was walking through everything. He was hurt like one time. And that was early. Mitchell never stopped him. It was stopped on cuts. Mitchell had to work for his win.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you seen the fight? Isaev was walking through everything. He was hurt like one time. And that was early. Mitchell never stopped him. It was stopped on cuts. Mitchell had to work for his win.
I remember it got stopped late, i remember him being hurt in almost every round too though and not getting finished. I also remember the heat he got after the fight too.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Mighty Mitchell is awesome and will shine in the US. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts