Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBC SPORT | Boxing | Trainer Rubio is ditched by Khan

I see Khan is blaming anyone but himself for his 54 seconds defeat(Khan said after the fight, ''he made a little mistake''), and Rubio is the fall guy.

If Roach is his new trainer, I wonder if he can put muscles on Khan's chin?

For his first comeback fight, Roach will have to pick a fighter who can't punch, a fighter who can't fight, because Khan gets wobbled from even the most lightest of punches, and just to be on the safe side, a fighter two weight divisions below Khan.

Good luck Freddie, your going to need it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
no trainer can fix kahns glass jaw.... if khan has any chance of winning a title, the first thing he needs to learn is how to slip punches... and a triner like rubio isn't a good enough coach to teach khan that... but no matter how well he can slip punches every fighter and i mean every fighter gets caught bad at the top level and khan won't be able to take punishment that is dished out at top level fights.

to be fair i can't even see how khan can psychologically come back from that defeat

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
He might as well drop 30 lbs and fight in da strawweight division, then again they'd probably KO his ass too ..hahaha

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
no trainer can fix kahns glass jaw.... if khan has any chance of winning a title, the first thing he needs to learn is how to slip punches... and a triner like rubio isn't a good enough coach to teach khan that... but no matter how well he can slip punches every fighter and i mean every fighter gets caught bad at the top level and khan won't be able to take punishment that is dished out at top level fights.

to be fair i can't even see how khan can psychologically come back from that defeat
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Kahn needs a trainer who can get himself to protect his weak chin in other words help him with his defense and Roach is not the man to do that imo.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
He needs a chin transplant. Only thing that will help him
So much for this sesantion, too bad about his chin but he's screwed if he don't have it ,he don't have it and that's all there's to it, that chin has a bulls eye painted on it for the rest of his career..:laugh:

That's what I'm thinking. Rubio was just fine until Khan got stopped. If I was advising Khan I'd force him to take at least a year off and revamp his defense.
Sour grapes man, rather than just accept the facts, he had to find some one to blame...but it's to be expected he's just a kid...

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Amir Kahn Hires Trainer Freddie Roach After LA Trip

By Mark Vester

According to several UK media outlets, UK lightweight superstar and 2004 Olympic silver medal winner Amir Khan (18-1, 14KOs) has ohired American-based trainer Freddie Roach after a weekend meeting at Roach's well-known Wild Card gym in Hollywood, California. The hire comes on the heels of the first defeat of Khan's career, a 54-second knockout that was suffered a few weeks ago when facing Colombian puncher Breidis Prescott in Manchester. Last week, Khan fired recently hired trainer Jorge Rubio. The Khan team has not confirmed the hire, but The Guardian reports that an official announcement should be made this week.

Khan returns to action on December 6 in Birmingham, the same day that Roach's star pupil Manny Pacquiao will face Oscar De La Hoya in Las Vegas. Roach plans to train both fighters side by side at his Wild Card gym. Khan will spend six-weeks in California to train for his December bout, and gaining some experience by training with one the true superstars in the sport, Manny Pacquiao.

“We’re going to fight in December and he’s going to train here for six weeks for that fight,” Roach told talkSPORT. “He needs a rebuilding of everything to be honest with you, because sometimes when you get knocked out like that it can be pretty devastating.

“But you need to get right back at it and not waste any time. He’s making a few fundamental mistakes and we’ll make some adjustments. He’s a very talented kid and he’s capable of making those adjustments.”

·
Registered
112 Posts
Roach will make Khan better defensively but he can't change that glass chin. If Khan takes one shot off a power puncher he'll go down.

I have faith in Frank Warren to give Khan bums and past it super-featherweights until the WBO strap becomes vacant LOL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts