Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
You guys may find this shocking, but for as much as I've heard/read about Khan, I have yet to actually see him fight. I haven't even made the effort to seek out video of one of his fights, but I guess I probably should.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Khan is massive 5 10" and a genuine 135lb fighter infact i dont know a bigger Lightweight today so he could very well beat Pacquaio.

G

·
I would say the opposite at this stage unfourtunately Still, in a couple of years it might be different :thumbsup: :D ;)
In a couple of years he smokes pacman. Right now it would be a close affair but I have Khan being too big and strong for Manny to cope. More people would agree with you though. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
You guys may find this shocking, but for as much as I've heard/read about Khan, I have yet to actually see him fight. I haven't even made the effort to seek out video of one of his fights, but I guess I probably should.
Say whaaat? Are you really from the UK?

I think Khan would take Manny out even at this stage.
Not in a million years :laugh:.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with NFFC, Khan i dont think could beat Pacman at this point in his career... Give Amir a few more fights but against top opposition and then maybe, somebody still needs to test Khan's chin and see how he can react to being rocked....
However i dont think Khan will need "years" before he could beat the likes of Pacquiao.......

G

·
Willie Limmond isn't a hard hitter but he caught Khan flush and knocked him down. He had Khan rocked for a while after that and Khan came back to knock him out in the next round. I know the difference in Limmond and Pac is night and day but I've no worries about Khan's chin and he showed alot of character. It was only his 13th fight and he says he's definitely learned from this and that's the most important thing.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Willie Limmond isn't a hard hitter but he caught Khan flush and knocked him down. He had Khan rocked for a while after that and Khan came back to knock him out in the next round. I know the difference in Limmond and Pac is night and day but I've no worries about Khan's chin and he showed alot of character. It was only his 13th fight and he says he's definitely learned from this and that's the most important thing.
And that's a good thing? :laugh:

G

·
And that's a good thing? :laugh:
When did I say it's great to get knocked down by Limmond? I was explaining that Khan has alot of heart and is ranked so high because of his obvious talents. He's fought nobody worth mentioning yet he's tipped to beat the best out there. Have a guess why this is.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
imo, pacman is a p4p nubmer 1 in my eyes and many. if i even had 1 thought that khan could beat pacman, then i would put him at p4p number 1. as it stands, khan does impress me in his talent and his way of thinking. he doesn't shy away from talk with big fighters and wants a title.

but as a fan of his, and seeing him in every fight, i have no doubt that pacman would beat him. i just can't put pacman at nubmer 1 and then even suggest khan could beat him. pacman is too ferocious, and is a decent boxer these days. he can move and hit you anywhere you want. he has power and great stamina.

khan may one day get to pacman's ability in speed (almost there) and punches. yet he has still plenty to do with his defence, footwork and experience with good fighters. his experience with cleaver fighters, and big punchers are lacking.

so pacman either by ko or just a ud.

G

·
I just think Khan's the real deal but maybe I'm being a bit naieve thinking he takes him out now. Obviously Khan can't be rated anywhere close to the top because he hasn't proved himself. Over the next 3 years Khan will be top 10, I honestly think he has the talent, we'll soon see.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I just think Khan's the real deal but maybe I'm being a bit naieve thinking he takes him out now. Obviously Khan can't be rated anywhere close to the top because he hasn't proved himself. Over the next 3 years Khan will be top 10, I honestly think he has the talent, we'll soon see.
yeah one day we may be saying it would be a good fight, but many fighters look great vs low opposition. i mean i could look at the first 20 fights of world class boxers and they would all be by ko etc. once they get to fighting elites, the ko % lowers and the fights become tougher.

khan hasn't fought anyone good yet, let alone the number 1 p4p fighter in the world, let alone a great southpaw with power, speed, stamina, workrate, boxing skill, punches, experience, basketball skills, pool skills, clubbing skills and did you know he also had political aspirations. oh but khan is taller. :)

G

·
yeah one day we may be saying it would be a good fight, but many fighters look great vs low opposition. i mean i could look at the first 20 fights of world class boxers and they would all be by ko etc. once they get to fighting elites, the ko % lowers and the fights become tougher.

khan hasn't fought anyone good yet, let alone the number 1 p4p fighter in the world, let alone a great southpaw with power, speed, stamina, workrate, boxing skill, punches, experience, basketball skills, pool skills, clubbing skills and did you know he also had political aspirations. oh but khan is taller. :)
They sure do but Khan has world champion written all over him. Khan is a big lightweight who will fight at WW at some stage in his career, Pacquiao is a blown up lightweight at best. I give Khan a good shot now, in a year or two I'd bet big on a Khan win. Also note I'm not one to get carried away with British fighters, I knew Mayweather was a class above Hatton while the rest of UK was convinced he'd win lol.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Pac would destroy Khan. This wouldn't even be close.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
They sure do but Khan has world champion written all over him. Khan is a big lightweight who will fight at WW at some stage in his career, Pacquiao is a blown up lightweight at best. I give Khan a good shot now, in a year or two I'd bet big on a Khan win. Also note I'm not one to get carried away with British fighters, I knew Mayweather was a class above Hatton while the rest of UK was convinced he'd win lol.
well the thing is, a lot of the best americans do something at the olympics. khan went to the olympics and got a silver. he is definately a prospect to look out for. there's a new article on boxing scene about him blasting harrision. check it out. he even said that harrison didn't teach him any defence. he said that these are things that he should have elarnt on his 5 fight not now. the kid has a lot to learn but i have no doubt, that in 3 years he will be a world class boxer.

G

·
well the thing is, a lot of the best americans do something at the olympics. khan went to the olympics and got a silver. he is definately a prospect to look out for. there's a new article on boxing scene about him blasting harrision. check it out. he even said that harrison didn't teach him any defence. he said that these are things that he should have elarnt on his 5 fight not now. the kid has a lot to learn but i have no doubt, that in 3 years he will be a world class boxer.
Roy Jones only got a silver :cheeky4: j/k. Remember Khan was 17 at the Olympics, he was almost the youngest ever to win an Olympic boxing gold medal. I agree he has to tighten up his defense but he's not far away from greatness.

Thanks, I'll check that article out. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts