Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Mark Vester

UK lightweight star Amir Khan tells Sportinglife that he's not against a possible move to the United States in order to move his career forward and to hook up with well respected American-based trainer. Khan recently let go of his long-time trainer Oliver Harrison and is now looking to hire an American trainer.

No decision has been made, but Khan is looking at Buddy McGirt and Roger Mayweather. For the moment, Khan is using Dean Powell to train him for the June bout with Michael Gomez in Nottingham.

"At the moment I like to be train over here and in an ideal world I'd like an American coach to come over here," Khan said. "But if it came down to the fact that I had to go to America, I'd do that. I'd like to take that chance. It would be a different atmosphere over there and a different environment to learn in.

"I think it could bring something different out in me. I would look forward to the challenge."

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
By Mark Vester

UK lightweight star Amir Khan tells Sportinglife that he's not against a possible move to the United States in order to move his career forward and to hook up with well respected American-based trainer. Khan recently let go of his long-time trainer Oliver Harrison and is now looking to hire an American trainer.

No decision has been made, but Khan is looking at Buddy McGirt and Roger Mayweather. For the moment, Khan is using Dean Powell to train him for the June bout with Michael Gomez in Nottingham.

"At the moment I like to be train over here and in an ideal world I'd like an American coach to come over here," Khan said. "But if it came down to the fact that I had to go to America, I'd do that. I'd like to take that chance. It would be a different atmosphere over there and a different environment to learn in.

"I think it could bring something different out in me. I would look forward to the challenge."
Isn't it in Birmingham? If it was Nottingham i'd want tickets LOL

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Khan impresses me more and more. The guy really gets it. He spoke on ESPN about how Hatton and Calzaghe should have fought here sooner and said they could have been massive stars had they done so. Khan came off as very well educated. He seems to really understand how boxing works. I just hope he doesn't set himself back with McGirt.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Isn't it in Birmingham? If it was Nottingham i'd want tickets LOL
Psst NFFC Look who posted it was Nottingham :cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
By Mark Vester

Hope Amir knows what he's doing getting rid of his career long trainer like that. I've seen all to many fighters think they've outgrown the guy that got them where they are

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
By Mark Vester

Do you get all your stuff from boxingscene?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
:laugh:Boxingscene, boxingtalk, espn.com/boxing, fightnews (in the past..they suck now), and that's about it.

I find fightnews always have there news up before boxingtalk and espn. They offer more depth too and cover all boxing not just certain fighters.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Khan impresses me more and more. The guy really gets it. He spoke on ESPN about how Hatton and Calzaghe should have fought here sooner and said they could have been massive stars had they done so. Khan came off as very well educated. He seems to really understand how boxing works. I just hope he doesn't set himself back with McGirt.
I like Khan. He has the making of a great fighter. I just hope they don't put him in with somebody he's not ready for.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. I remember Hatton and Calzaghe saying for years they would come to the US. But never did untill recently. I think Con is just running at the mouth.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts