Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Mark Vester

Given the mountain of talent in the lightweight division, it's no surprise that Manny Pacquiao (46-3-2, 35KOs) has plenty of options. He is slated to face WBC champon David Diaz on June 28 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Another future opponent may land a spot on the undercard.

Promoter Bob Arum told Dan Rafael that lightweight prospect Amir Khan (17-0, 13KOs) is possibly going to appear on the undercard. Arum has held talks with Kahn's promoter Frank Warren and both of them like the idea of eventually matching Pacquiao and Khan. Pacquiao is an icon to Filipino boxing fans all over the world and Khan is quickly becoming a superstar in the UK.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Khan needs to fight a top 10 guy. Im talking about a real top 10 guy, from the Rings ratings.
If hes fighting on the undercard I hope it will be against a top 10 guy or he'll be murdered when he fights Pac.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id like to see him face Romanov who is rated #8 by the ring, he's also the european champion, of course Khan has beaten Earle though who comfortably beat Romanov before.

Anthony Peterson would be a good fight for him too, thats a fight against an undefeated fighter which Khan would comfortably win.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Id like to see him face Romanov who is rated #8 by the ring, he's also the european champion, of course Khan has beaten Earle though who comfortably beat Romanov before.
Romanov had come off a long layoff and came on very strong, if i remember at the time the Sky commentators had the fight scored to Romanov. I agree Romanov is the best fight, he looked a very good boxer against Thaxton and if Khan isn't 100% focused Romanov could cause a shock.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Romanov had come off a long layoff and came on very strong, if i remember at the time the Sky commentators had the fight scored to Romanov. I agree Romanov is the best fight, he looked a very good boxer against Thaxton and if Khan isn't 100% focused Romanov could cause a shock.
I dont think the Sky comentators had Romanov winning that one, i remember watching the fight and although it wasn't one sided it was a clear cut win for Earle.

Romanov has improved since then though.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts

Anthony Peterson would be a good fight for him too, thats a fight against an undefeated fighter which Khan would comfortably win.
AP would destroy Khan.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Khan wouldnt make it to the end of the fight with either brother.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You mean Khan will be stopped with in 4 rounds
Who has Anthony beaten to even sujest he's on Khans level? he's not even graduated to fighting C level fighters yet.

All he's faced are club fighters on ESPN.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Who has Anthony beaten to even sujest he's on Khans level, he's not even graduated to fighting C level fighters yet.

All he's faced are club fighters on ESPN.
Khans level???? What level is that???:dunno::laugh::dunno:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Khans level???? What level is that???:dunno::laugh::dunno:
Olympic silver medalist at 17, beat the guy (Kindelan, argubly the greatest AM fighter in history) in the rematch. Wins over a former world champion, a former European champion and a former comomwealth champion. The level thats left him mando to the two best fighters in the division.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Olympic silver medalist at 17, beat the guy (Kindelan, argubly the greatest AM fighter in history) in the rematch. Wins over a former world champion, a former European champion and a former comomwealth champion. The level thats left him mando to the two best fighters in the division.
Ohhhhhhh so you mean a bunch of nobodys. Ok well yea AP Im sure will be right there with him. I really do hope they get in there together so AP can show who the best prospect is.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ohhhhhhh so you mean a bunch of nobodys. Ok well yea AP Im sure will be right there with him. I really do hope they get in there together so AP can show who the best prospect is.
Haha Kahn has accomplished 6 times that any of the Peterson bros have.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And both brother would still whup his a$$
What you basing your argument on Ron? How he's looked against club fighters......

The Petersons are two of the most protected boxers in the game.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts