Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KHAN: LETS GET IT ON

Amir Khan wants £50m showdown with Hatton

AMIR KHAN has given the green light to a £50million showdown with Ricky Hatton, booming: Let’s get it on.

‘The Hitman’ revealed in Sport of the World last weekend that he would be willing to face the 2004 Olympic silver medallist.

A fight between the pair next summer would be the biggest in British boxing history and draw a 100,000 crowd to Wembley Stadium.

Hatton, admits his career is coming to an end, but knows a farewell fight against Bolton’s sensation would be an amazing retirement party.

And British boxing’s number one idol hopes he will be risking the IBF light-welterweight title against the young upstart who is unbeaten in 18 contests.

Hatton will attempt to regain his old crown when he faces American Paulie Malignaggi in Las Vegas on November 22.

And Khan, 21, who defends his WBO intercontinental lightweight title against Colombian Breidis Prescott at Manchester’s MEN Arena on September 6 said: “What a fight it would be.

“I've always said I want to move up the weights to light-welterweigh, maybe in 12 months, and if Ricky is still around that fight could be made.

“It would be a massive fight, both of us come from Manchester and it is a fight that people would want to watch.

“It would be one of the biggest British fights ever.”

Potential

The only serious stumbling block concerning Hatton is over who would promote the fight.

Hatton is keen to promote the fight under the banner of his own company, Punch Promotions, in association with Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions.

And the 29-year-old would insist that Khan’s current promoter Frank Warren is not involved.

Warren promoted Hatton until the pair fell out shortly after the Manchester fighter signalled his arrival as one of the world’s best when he stunned Kostya Tszyu in June 2005.

He has told pals that although he views Khan as a friend, he would fight him “at the drop of a hat”.

Hatton said: “Amir has got bags of potential, but he has a lot of catching up to do. If the fight did happen I’d be up for the challenge.

“And if I could promote it, even better. Amir would get the financial rewards he deserves.”

KHAN: LETS GET IT ON | Sport|Boxing | News Of The World

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
661 Posts
This is just bollocks keeping his name in the papers, feeding him to Hatton anytime soon would be suicide. He's way to easy to hit.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I think the 5 pounds of water weight he has to take off are dehydrating and weakening Khan similar to what Cotto and his chin were going through at Jr. welter. At 140 he would definitely be stronger, his chin will be better, and in a years+ time I think he can knock Hatton out in the later rounds.

G

·
I think the 5 pounds of water weight he has to take off are dehydrating and weakening Khan similar to what Cotto and his chin were going through at Jr. welter. At 140 he would definitely be stronger, his chin will be better, and in a years+ time I think he can knock Hatton out in the later rounds.
I agree with that, Khan's 5 11' with a decent size frame, he's too big for a lightweight. I think the move up will be good for him but he might aswell try to win a world title at LW for his legacy. Hatton's more or less spent and in a years time Khan will have improved, I see this as a passing the torch fight.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I agree with that, Khan's 5 11' with a decent size frame, he's too big for a lightweight. I think the move up will be good for him but he might aswell try to win a world title at LW for his legacy. Hatton's more or less spent and in a years time Khan will have improved, I see this as a passing the torch fight.
I agree, but I don't see him winning a major title at lightweight, he is getting hurt and knocked down by feather-fisted punchers at 130 and 126. At 135, I see no chance he gets a title unless the winner of Campbell-Guzman gets stripped from a WBO loophole which is not out of the realm of possibility, by far.

G

·
I agree, but I don't see him winning a major title at lightweight, he is getting hurt and knocked down by feather-fisted punchers at 130 and 126. At 135, I see no chance he gets a title unless the winner of Campbell-Guzman gets stripped from a WBO loophole which is not out of the realm of possibility, by far.
Yeah that could happen. Khan had absolutely no defense when he was fighting those guys, and I'm talking basic stuff like keeping your hands up. I'm relying on Khan tightening up his defense and going to the next level over his next 2 or 3 fights, and if he does I think he just might pick up a title, although it wouldn't be wise for him to challenge Pacquiao or Guzman.

This is probably more hope than expectation but we'll see...

G

·
Come on man, Khan's called out Pacquaio! Yes, it's crazy at this stage but Khan isn't scared of anyone. Hatton's on the decline anyway and Khan will be moving up in a year so it makes sense. This will sell out a 100,000 seat stadium easily.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
unless Khan lands the perfect punch he'll be annihilated. He's D sucks when he gets aggressive and he's super open to left hooks. I think any fighter that can bang a bit and fake being hurt would KO this guy with no problem.

G

·
i would pay alot of money to see hatton rip this gimps head off. if michael gomez can drop the dumb fukk hatton rips his head off and i wouldnt hear any argument to say anything different.

G

·
Right now Hatton would probably knock Khan out but in 12 months Khan will be more of a finished article while Hatton will probably have been put through the ringer. I'm a bigger Hatton fan but that's just the way I see it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
What's hilarious about this is that Con really does want Hatton. Matthew Hatton.
Please tell me you're kidding. Is he really targeting M. Hatton?
Right now Hatton would probably knock Khan out but in 12 months Khan will be more of a finished article while Hatton will probably have been put through the ringer. I'm a bigger Hatton fan but that's just the way I see it.
I think Hatton beats him anytime in the next 2 years.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hatton would easily stop Khan, and it would happen early. Khan was even worse defense than Hatton, and was hurt to the body by Gomez:laugh: Hatton stops him in 6 if they fought now, who knows what will happen in 12 months... Hatton could be shot, Khan's chin could have been cracked.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts