Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard it on Setanta sports news there, his opponent has yet to be named.

This sets there fight up!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Pac will knock Khan out

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Khan will be too big for Pac, its going to look like a featherweight against a welterweight.

P4P Pac is the better fighter at this point, not head to head though.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I just read an article that mentioned Pac-Man being too much for Victor Ortiz in sparring according to Freddy Roach. Victor Ortiz is a 140lbs prospect that would make short work of Khan at that weight.

Khan's promoter knows better. Or does he? hmmm

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I just read an article that mentioned Pac-Man being too much for Victor Ortiz in sparring according to Freddy Roach. Victor Ortiz is a 140lbs prospect that would make short work of Khan at that weight.

I think Pac would be to much for Khan. But I wouldn't exactly go by what Freddie Roach says. He's not going to say Ortiz got the better of Pac.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Roach is a bigger Pac nuthugger than Larry Merchant is, the guys his bread and butter basiclay. :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roach has claimed in the past Pac could beat Mayweather. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That's true. Unless Ortiz is asked about it, we couldn't know for sure. I beleive him though. The experience is way too much. A 16 or 17 fight prospect (Khan) couldn't metally hold on to a lead against a 40+ fight veteran over the long haul. Well, not usually.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's true. Unless Ortiz is asked about it, we couldn't know for sure. I beleive him though. The experience is way too much. A 16 or 17 fight prospect can't metally hold on to a lead against a 40+ fight veteran over the long haul. Well, not usually.
Ortiz aint been asked about it though, generaly when a bigger fighter spars with a smaller fighter they go easy on them, that is an unwritten rule in boxing.

Ortiz is nowhere near as good as Khan either.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Ortiz aint been asked about it though, generaly when a bigger fighter spars with a smaller fighter they go easy on them, that is an unwritten rule in boxing.

Ortiz is nowhere near as good as Khan either.
If they were to fight at 140lbs, at this point, I'd pick Ortiz to make short work of Khan. Brutal KO and all.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If they were to fight at 140lbs, at this point, I'd pick Ortiz to make short work of Khan. Brutal KO and all.
You'd most probably be on your own with that one. Ortiz is a good fighter, he's not even the best young fighter at 140 though, Devon Alexander would beast him, he's certinlay not on Amir Khans level.

I call BS on Roach's comment anyway.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
You'd most probably be on your own with that one. Ortiz is a good fighter, he's not even the best young fighter at 140 though, Devon Alexander would beast him, he's certinlay not on Amir Khans level.

I call BS on Roach's comment anyway.
I think Ortiz would beat Alexander. And he would torture Con.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I think Ortiz would beat Alexander. And he would torture Con.
ortiz wouldn't stand a chance in the ring, how can you have an opion when you can't even spell his name.

khan won't be fighting pac-man yet anyway, its says he's going to be on the undercard of pac-man's fight, and he will show the rest of his division that he's coming for 'em sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts