Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im placing an order with ringside for grant campeon bag gloves and grant training gloves, and i live in the uk, and as ringside do kit bags i would also like to order one of them.
so i am just wondering if anyone knows of one of sufficent size of bag to hold two pairs of gloves kit shoes etc (silly question but cant find an answer anywhere)
Would this be ok?
The Premier Bag from Combatsports.com
also anyone think of anyother equipment i should order to take advantage of the £/$ rate?
cheers Dan

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
That bag is a little small if you ask me.

11" x 12" x 23" doesnt give you much room for two pairs of gloves, plus shoes, plus handwraps and a towel and whatever else you may need.

I picked up a Nike sport duffle bag type of deal and it works fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
cheers mate just wanted to see if it was worth grabbin a bargain whilst i was ordering. also Knuckle Protectors/guards? they worth getting never seen them before? and glove dogs thanks again mate dan
P.s purchased 5 pairs of ringside mexican (180") handwraps awhile ago but a considerin getting the 200" grant? ive read nothin but good things aswell and for the price, it comes out at around £60 for two pairs its awesome considerin some poor lonsdale ones would cost around £50 over here

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Have you used mexican style before? If not I wouldnt recommend them. They have elastic in them and when they get sweaty, they constrict and have a tendency to cut off some circulation.
Its not that they won't get the job done, you just have to be very careful about how tight you wrap them.

I havent used the Grant version, but Grants higher end line of products are top notch.

As far as knuckle protectors go, i'd go without since you will have quality wraps and quality gloves. If you find that your knuckles are getting really sore, then pick up some foam or gel guards.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i had some bbe elasticated ones before but they werent long enough i really like the "mexican style" ive tried my friends traditional herringbone cotton wraps and couldnt really feel much diffrence except they came loose when changing gloves etc? may have just been a poor version i suppose.
thanks for your help, dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts