Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

In a recent interview with BBC Radio 5, WBC/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko made it known that he is very willing to meet the challenge of WBC/WBA/WBO cruiserweight champion David Haye, who plans to make a move to heavyweight in November.

"He's an exciting fighter so why not? I hadn't heard about David Haye at all until last month," said Klitschko. "But I've checked his record and he is a good fighter with a good record. If he wants to bring excitement then I wish him best of luck. He better get himself in the gym and get ready to fight.

"He is young and is trying to put attention on himself and that may work for him because he has to be very loud, but not only with his words but with his actions. I wish him the best of luck with that."

Following his unification win over Enzo Maccarinelli, Haye blasted Klitschko's performance against Sultan Ibragimov.

"I'd fight Wladimir Klitschko in my next fight if I could after his pitiful fight against Sultan Ibragimov. That was embarrassing and he wouldn't look forward to fighting someone with my kind of style - powerful, explosive and able to take him out with any shot," Haye said.

Haye will have to wait, Klitschko confirmed to radio show that he planning to fight WBO mandatory Tony Thompson in Germany this summer.

"Until the fight with David Haye I have to stay active as I am nervous and I have to get myself in shape," Klitschko said. "So I am going to fight in July against Thompson - he is the WBO's number one mandatory contender so I have chosen him."

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
It would be murder to put Haye in the ring with Klitschko right away. Hes looking to fight Rahman in November then maybe another top contender to work his way into a mandatory position.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
By Mark Vester

In a recent interview with BBC Radio 5, WBC/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko made it known that he is very willing to meet the challenge of WBC/WBA/WBO cruiserweight champion David Haye, who plans to make a move to heavyweight in November.
"He's an exciting fighter so why not? I hadn't heard about David Haye at all until last month," said Klitschko. "But I've checked his record and he is a good fighter with a good record. If he wants to bring excitement then I wish him best of luck. He better get himself in the gym and get ready to fight.

"He is young and is trying to put attention on himself and that may work for him because he has to be very loud, but not only with his words but with his actions. I wish him the best of luck with that."

Following his unification win over Enzo Maccarinelli, Haye blasted Klitschko's performance against Sultan Ibragimov.

"I'd fight Wladimir Klitschko in my next fight if I could after his pitiful fight against Sultan Ibragimov. That was embarrassing and he wouldn't look forward to fighting someone with my kind of style - powerful, explosive and able to take him out with any shot," Haye said.

Haye will have to wait, Klitschko confirmed to radio show that he planning to fight WBO mandatory Tony Thompson in Germany this summer.

"Until the fight with David Haye I have to stay active as I am nervous and I have to get myself in shape," Klitschko said. "So I am going to fight in July against Thompson - he is the WBO's number one mandatory contender so I have chosen him."
Yea right. He interested in fighting the CW champ but not the #1 guy in his own division??? Who does he think he is Floyd Mayweather???? :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Id like to see Haye fight a contender first, although he already blew a 10 ranked HW by the WBC away in a round.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Haye at least needs to have a HW fight first

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Haye would not stand a chance against Wlad right away bu based on Wlads last performance i would actually give him a small chance in the future based on only the fact that Wlad is so freaking scared of getting hit!!

You could see that against Sultan that he had no confidence whatsoever in his chin. And imo he shouldnt he got knocked out against two heavy punchers and since then hes only improved. Does anyone remember what happened when Wlad found out that Calvin Brocks punches couldnt hurt him? Yup he just knocked him out.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Haye would not stand a chance against Wlad right away bu based on Wlads last performance i would actually give him a small chance in the future based on only the fact that Wlad is so freaking scared of getting hit!!

You could see that against Sultan that he had no confidence whatsoever in his chin. And imo he shouldnt he got knocked out against two heavy punchers and since then hes only improved. Does anyone remember what happened when Wlad found out that Calvin Brocks punches couldnt hurt him? Yup he just knocked him out.
Haye would stand a very good chance against Wlad in the future. He has the handspeed & power to really trouble Wlad. He was scared of getting hit by Sultan, imagine what he'll be like with Haye in there:laugh: There won't be any finding out Haye's punches don't hurt him, cause as soon as he takes one on the chin the china shall crack;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Haye needs to devolp his body from a cruiserweights to a heavyweights, 1 or 2 fights then Wlad gets sparko'd with the rest of the division.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.