1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Klitschko-Ibragimov is on!
February 23, 2008 in Madison Square Garden
By Karl Freitag
IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko says he is set to collide with WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov in the first heavyweight title unification fight in eight years. "I am hugely glad that after intensive negotiations we are able to do this title unification," stated Klitschko. "This is what fans worldwide want to see. Ibragimov has proved his class with persuasive victories against ex-world champions Shannon Briggs and Evander Holyfield. This will be a very exciting duel and Madison Square Garden is the perfect arena for it." The bout is expected to be officially announced shortly. HBO will televise in the US, RTL will carry the fight in Germany.

looks like we finally get to see a heavyweight unification match, people:thumbsup:

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
at last!!

im going for klitschko to win but id rather see imbragimov

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as long as the belts are finally getting unified i could care less;) hopefully, the winner will fight the peter/maskaev winner, but i know the "champion emertus" is still lurking.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Klitchko with the late ko

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I love the Klit, but I'm not much for Kiltschko. I hate the heavyweight division as most of you know so I couldn't care much less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts