Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Kostya Tszyu return in 2008?
He has only had 34 fights so will we see a return of the legend?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I doubt it didnt he retire after the hatton fight?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
kostyas been hinting at a return for a while now but only if the right fight came up, he mensioned oscar and pbf last year but i doubt either would step in the ring with a guy who's been retired for nearly 3 years.

maybe if he could get a title but i doubt that because he most likely wouldn't be able to get to 140 these days.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wouldn't mind seeing him fight again, but I doubt it :(

I don't think he could come back and fight any of the main belt holders and hope to win unfortunately, and thats if any of them would even agree to fight him.

I don't think he's the type to come back at a lower level either...

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
mck_776 said:
Wouldn't mind seeing him fight again, but I doubt it :(

I don't think he could come back and fight any of the main belt holders and hope to win unfortunately, and thats if any of them would even agree to fight him.

I don't think he's the type to come back at a lower level either...
i know one guy he'd fight for nothing....vince phillips. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
If he comes back it'll be as a trainer.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
BigDigga said:
he never officailly retired. i can't see him coming back and fighting again, but he may come back to challenge the last man to beat him.
If he comes back to fight e should fight Hatton in the first fight without a doubt.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He won't return. There were medical complications after the Hatton fight and thats the reason he never stepped back in the ring, im 99% certain he'll never return.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
He won't return. There were medical complications after the Hatton fight and thats the reason he never stepped back in the ring, im 99% certain he'll never return.
yip, he had knee surjery im sure but he claims to be 100& now, i doubt we'll see kostya back again, he couldn't make 140 now anymore and for a guy the same size as ricky but clearly not as strong he's not gonna do nothing at 147.

never say never though.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Thats why I went the trainer route. I think if he comes back it'll only be as a trainer.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
He hits harder than hatton for sure. He could make 147 and do pretty well but he wouldn't be able to compete the way he needs to against top tier opponents.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I highly doubt he would ever come back. With that said Roger Mayweather said a few months before the Hatton fight that Kostya had contacted team Mayweather with interest in a possible fight. Roger then went on to say that the only way they would consider anything like that is if Kostya beat a big name first thus bringing something to the table.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tszyu and floyd would be a sound fight, tszyu is a tricky customer for anyone. Hatton would let him fight his fight but floyd would obviously try to out box him. I see floyd winning a UD but if tszyu lands could raise some questions. He does hit damn hard thats for sure just ask zab:laugh: Even at welter hes a danger man

·
Registered
118 Posts
Floyd would destroy Kostya! KO/TKO win easily!

Especially in a comeback fight! Hatton TKO'ed him and Floyd took Ricky apart!

Kostya is great, but I don't see a comeback going well for him if it happens

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
mck_776 said:
Floyd would destroy Kostya! KO/TKO win easily!

Especially in a comeback fight! Hatton TKO'ed him and Floyd took Ricky apart!

Kostya is great, but I don't see a comeback going well for him if it happens
Floyd dont punch enough to take him apart. But he would win.

·
Registered
14 Posts
as a Aussie, watching out local news the other night he once again hinted at a return, he did some special comments for a local show covering the danny green world tittle a few nights back.. i have been a fan of Tszyu for a long time have watched him over the years, the man is so focused that if he made a return he would lose no respect and centainly would not be disgraced in the ring. wont happen, but a rematch with hatton would be great

1 - 20 of 22 Posts