Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in Doghouseboxing.com and had to post it.

At this year's Beijing Olympics, Kostya Tszyu is ready to take on kung-fu star Jackie Chan. According to "Russia Today," Tszyu is assuring his fans that he’s taking the fight seriously.

Quoted by Russia Today, Tszyu stated in regards to his upcoming challenge: “Although Jackie Chan is already over 50, he is a master of his business.”

Tszyu tells the publication he has no clue what he and the Hollywood Actor will do in the ring. Chan could try to hit him with his legs or maybe not - so Tszyu is preparing for the match-up thoroughly.

Olympic event organizer, Tatyana Trubnikova quoted by RIA Novosti, stated: "Jackie Chan gave his approval, saying he liked the idea. But we need to receive permission from the Chinese Olympic Committee, as Chan is China's official face for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing."

Wow!

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt that the Chinese government would risk the face of their Olympics (and country). I just can't believe this fight was being seriously discussed in any context with any rules. I mean Kostya is talking like he's already in training.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They just posted this on boxingscene

According to a report by Globe and Mail, Russian fight promoters are waiting on approval from the Chinese Olympic Committee to stage an exhibition bout between popular actor/martial artist Jackie Chan and former undisputed junior welterweight champion Kostya Tszyu.

Chan, 54, agreed to the exhibition bout with Tszyu, 38, to hype the Olympic boxing tournament. The reports says Chan is one of the official ambassadors of the Beijing Games, which could derail the bout because Olympic authorities could object to it on the basis of being a publicity stunt. If it happens, the media outlet gave tentative dates of August 22 and 23, at the Russian delegation's Games-time residence of Russia House.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
This is sofa king re taw dead. I ahve enver heard anything this dumb before. Floyd and the WWE made moer sense.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
It'll be fake, another Rocky vs Hogan and Big Show vs Floyd type.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts