Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooh. how bout when training by yourself? any tips on like tying it without making it come loose?

guys at my gym that have lace ups.. which is like 2 just put it on and pull it tight and just stuff it in the gloves. but won't it like get loose?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Well, they make these thigns that can convert a lace up style glove into a hook and loop. Basically its two industrial velcor pieces that get threaded into the laces so that you can secure the gloves with the velcro. Thats what I would recommend doing. You dont want to just stuff them in the gloves because the glove will be loose within 20 seconds.
OR, the other option is to buy a pair of gloves that are a hook and Loop velcro version, then you avoid needing anyone to lace you up, and they work great.

Here is one version:
The Glovers Assistant at Ringside.com

Here is a very good H&L style bag glove:
IMF Tech™ Bag Gloves at Ringside.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah =\ i just bought the imf tech training lace ups before starting this thread =\. i wanted to get the hook and loop but they aren't going to restock till mid april :dunno:. i needed some gloves fast. my car got broken into and all my gear stolen... i had everlast professional bag gloves and i recently got title gel. i only used the title gel like 3 times...

some other forum said to use elastic cords.

i'll give that converter a try. have you used it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts