Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
jakes not dead mate, as far as i know he still resides in the bronx.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yep, he's still alive and well, he visited cotto during his training session for judah, and was actually at the mosley/cotto fight I believe.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
He's still alive. He is 86 years old though, he doesn't have much time left.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
So much for what happens to you later in life after boxing. He should have Alzheimer's, dementia, drool running down his chin, and crossed eyes...He looked great for his age IMO, and he even found his way to the Mosely Cotto fight.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
bill1234 said:
Thats because he is old. :laugh:
At the black tie fights in dallas a few years back the boxing guests of honor were Jake LaMotta, Joe Frazier & Earnie Shavers I was sat at ringside on the apron right in front of them in the first row I was covering the fights for Flash/Boxing Update & Boxing Times. This was just before Earnie tried his unsuccessful comeback. He said then that he was in training and would see how it went. I asked Joe if he was planning a comeback too he laughed & said " No way in hell" Then there was a tap on my shoulder it was Jake he said " Keep it under your hat Limey but I'm coming back give me 6 weeks in gym I'll beat any middleweight out there now" He must have been 72 or 73 then but still looked in good shape. We all had a good laugh together

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
C.J.Rock said:
At the black tie fights in dallas a few years back the boxing guests of honor were Jake LaMotta, Joe Frazier & Earnie Shavers I was sat at ringside on the apron right in front of them in the first row I was covering the fights for Flash/Boxing Update & Boxing Times. This was just before Earnie tried his unsuccessful comeback. He said then that he was in training and would see how it went. I asked Joe if he was planning a comeback too he laughed & said " No way in hell" Then there was a tap on my shoulder it was Jake he said " Keep it under your hat Limey but I'm coming back give me 6 weeks in gym I'll beat any middleweight out there now" He must have been 72 or 73 then but still looked in good shape. We all had a good laugh together

That must have been really cool. You should have punched him to see if he still had the iron jaw.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts