Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

LaMotta

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  BladeJrs 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me when Jake LaMotta died, just read he died this year.

#15 ·
bill1234 said:
Thats because he is old. :laugh:
At the black tie fights in dallas a few years back the boxing guests of honor were Jake LaMotta, Joe Frazier & Earnie Shavers I was sat at ringside on the apron right in front of them in the first row I was covering the fights for Flash/Boxing Update & Boxing Times. This was just before Earnie tried his unsuccessful comeback. He said then that he was in training and would see how it went. I asked Joe if he was planning a comeback too he laughed & said " No way in hell" Then there was a tap on my shoulder it was Jake he said " Keep it under your hat Limey but I'm coming back give me 6 weeks in gym I'll beat any middleweight out there now" He must have been 72 or 73 then but still looked in good shape. We all had a good laugh together

#16 ·
C.J.Rock said:
At the black tie fights in dallas a few years back the boxing guests of honor were Jake LaMotta, Joe Frazier & Earnie Shavers I was sat at ringside on the apron right in front of them in the first row I was covering the fights for Flash/Boxing Update & Boxing Times. This was just before Earnie tried his unsuccessful comeback. He said then that he was in training and would see how it went. I asked Joe if he was planning a comeback too he laughed & said " No way in hell" Then there was a tap on my shoulder it was Jake he said " Keep it under your hat Limey but I'm coming back give me 6 weeks in gym I'll beat any middleweight out there now" He must have been 72 or 73 then but still looked in good shape. We all had a good laugh together

That must have been really cool. You should have punched him to see if he still had the iron jaw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.