Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this Dang who does Ed Brophy think he is ?

FIGHTBEAT EXCLUSIVE: LARRY HOLMES KICKED OUT OF HALL OF FAME! ( )

UPDATE. HOLMES RETURNED LATE LAST NIGHT. HE BASICALLY SAID HE WANTS HIS RING, BUT HE'LL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN.

Good for him...
----------

Fightbeat has just received information that 2008 Boxing Hall of Fame Inductee
Larry Holmes was involved in a heated argument with Ed Brophy of the Boxing Hall of Fame. Holmes was then asked to leave the premises and not to return for the induction ceremonies.

According to our sources, the problem began when Larry Holmes setup his own table to sign autographs. Normally Ed Brophy, the Executive Director of the Boxing Hall of Fame, has the fighters sign autographs for the Hall to raise funds to support the Hall of Fame. Although Holmes initially complied, after signing just a few gloves Holmes allegedly said "**** this, I'm not doing this ****". A furious Ed Brophy then told Larry Holmes to get off of the premises and not to return.

So don't expect Larry Holmes at the induction ceremony!

Other boxing experts that have spoken to us regarding the ritual autograph signing stated that the fighters are taken to a room and are told to sign a considerable amount of memorabilia—yet not even a small percentage of the earnings is given to the boxers. All funds are used to “support” the Boxing Hall of Fame. It would be nice if someone actually helped support the fighters. Last time we checked there is no pension plan or 401K for our gladiators.

FightBeat.com

Good for Larry I'm 100% behind him

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i think when all is done and cleared he will be in it. i mean the fans would want it

·
Registered
224 Posts
He is worthy of HOF so should be in it Period, it has nothing to do with his attitude it is all about his boxing ability.

Badger in Asia

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is worthy of HOF so should be in it Period, it has nothing to do with his attitude it is all about his boxing ability.

Badger in Asia
From reports i heard Brophy was walking around like he was one of the all time greats. Several people said he was rude to them . Of course he wants $$$$$$ to go to HOF thats where his salary comes from ;)

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
If Holmes had set up his own autograph table and was doing it for free, i'd tell Brophy to piss off myself.
Holmes is a HOF'er however you wanna slice it. If he doesnt wanna sign autographs, then f*ck it. Hes there to be reckognzied, not exploited for autographs to pay for the hall. I think he payed enough in the ring. The fact that the guy told him not to be there for what is basically HIS ceremony is just unreal. What a douce.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If Holmes had set up his own autograph table and was doing it for free, i'd tell Brophy to piss off myself.
Holmes is a HOF'er however you wanna slice it. If he doesnt wanna sign autographs, then f*ck it. Hes there to be reckognzied, not exploited for autographs to pay for the hall. I think he payed enough in the ring. The fact that the guy told him not to be there for what is basically HIS ceremony is just unreal. What a douce.
Looks like Brophy needs to be ousted before he wrecks the HOF

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Who the hell is this Brophy caracter, what nerve trying to bleed the fighters still, Holmes should wrap one of his jock straps around his head and say here's my donation you mutherbleeding SOB....

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Was he signing them for free, or did he try make a tidy profit for himself? I can't see a guy like Larry doing that but i just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
772 Posts
good for holmes, we all know larry is a genuine guy and this has probably been blown out of proportion, but you can't kick a guy like larry holmes out the HOf, he is clearly one of the best boxers the planets ever been blessed with, with probably the best jab of all time, next to lennox lewis' that is.

i say larry make your own HOF, call it the LHOF, Larry Holmes Of Fames! :laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts