Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 17 years old, been training for boxing etc since I was 11/12... i'm really athletic, would say i'm very powerful but gotta catch up with speed.. can take alot of hits..

Also i'm 6'0" and 10.5 stone (7% bodyfat)

Got my first fight coming up in December, my coach always saying he see's so much potential n i should have started fighting lil earlier..
I'm not nervous or nothing, I just have a few questions...

1- In the ring, should I try to intimidate my opponent be very brutal or lay low and be quiet? (I will still show good sportsmanship )

2- Since it's my first should I prioritize on defence or focus a lil more on attack..

:thumbsup: Thanks.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I'm 17 years old, been training for boxing etc since I was 11/12... i'm really athletic, would say i'm very powerful but gotta catch up with speed.. can take alot of hits..

Got my first fight coming up in December, my coach always saying he see's so much potential n i should have started fighting lil earlier..

1- In the ring, should I try to intimidate my opponent be very brutal or lay low and be quiet? (I will still show good sportsmanship )

2- Since it's my first should I prioritize on defence or focus a lil more on attack..

You're really tall for your weight division and you could (or should) be stronger than most of the people you're going to face, but it will be tough to stay there because your body is still growing.

You're turning pro early at 17 with only 5 years and a half experience, but you'll definitely pick up things along the way. It sounds to me like you need to analyze by watching (or reading) more fights and taking things from other elite fighters especially ones with a similar style to you.

1) Whatever you feel natural doing or whatever you want to. Intimidation is always a plus especially when you have skills to back it up. It can be nerve wrecking for opponents, look at the examples before you; Liston, Tyson, etc. had most people beat before the bell rang. They just gave them that extra "push" (with skill) to convince them if their opponent needed it.

2)Treat your first fight like any other, work very hard in training, and you'll be good. Don't prioritize defense or offense in particular, do what you do, do what you've been training to do all these years in the gym. Good luck... better yet, great training.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

If I were you I would look at your opponent. If he tries to intimidate you, do it back. If he ain't interested in playing those games, I'd just lay low.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Oh, and good luck :D:D.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Dude just go out there and Knock his ass out, 6 ft tall? everyone else probably 5'9 or under. I suggest if its the guys 1st fight just like you then go out there and intimidate him since you will probably be the bigger man.

·
Registered
73 Posts

i can tell you something i am undefeated 5-3-0 won 5 3ko 0defeata
i am 14 years old started on my 6 age with karate and that started on my 14 with boxing i had the punching all but what you need to do is very aggresive style and domination if the guy hit you you go after him and you must hit im 2 times.
counter and stay focus dont look on him gloves look him in the eyes and give him somee hurting bombs(rocky balboa:p)\
ALSO troing much of jabs.
I HOPE YOU WIN IF YOU WIN IT GIVE TE FEELING YOU ARE THE BEST.;):thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
i can tell you something i am undefeated 5-3-0 won 5 3ko 0defeata
i am 14 years old started on my 6 age with karate and that started on my 14 with boxing i had the punching all but what you need to do is very aggresive style and domination if the guy hit you you go after him and you must hit im 2 times.
counter and stay focus dont look on him gloves look him in the eyes and give him somee hurting bombs(rocky balboa:p)\
ALSO troing much of jabs.
I HOPE YOU WIN IF YOU WIN IT GIVE TE FEELING YOU ARE THE BEST.):thumbsup:
:laugh::laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts