Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lennox Lewis isn't returning to Boxing. The former Undisputed world heavyweight champion re-affirmed on Saturday night his future plans do not include a return to the boxing ring to face off against Vitali Klitschko.

Quoted by the AFP, Lewis stated: "I retired six years ago and nobody can expect that I would return after six years, even more so that I am part of boxing's Hall of Fame."

Lewis went on to state that he belongs in a different time frame than that of Vitali's, stating he belonged to the period of Tyson, Holyfield and Bowe. "I belong to a time different from that of Vitali. My time was in the era of Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe," said Lewis.

What a load of BS :laugh:

G

·
Lennox Lewis isn't returning to Boxing. The former Undisputed world heavyweight champion re-affirmed on Saturday night his future plans do not include a return to the boxing ring to face off against Vitali Klitschko.

Quoted by the AFP, Lewis stated: "I retired six years ago and nobody can expect that I would return after six years, even more so that I am part of boxing's Hall of Fame."

Lewis went on to state that he belongs in a different time frame than that of Vitali's, stating he belonged to the period of Tyson, Holyfield and Bowe. "I belong to a time different from that of Vitali. My time was in the era of Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe," said Lewis.

Sadly enough, Holyfield and Bowe's times are still going....

Lennox is caught somewhere in the middle of the two eras. He's fought Holyfield and Tyson, however neither guy was at his apex when Lennox fought them and Tyson was essentially done as a top tier heavyweight. However, he did fight Vitali in his prime, yet Vitali is still fighitng and Lennox has been done for 5+ years. I guess it comes down to wanting to associate yourself with the first era, and who can blame him.

·
Beautiful Man
3,552 Posts

He will comeback,i bet everything on this.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He was more in Holyfield, Bowe & Tyson's era than Vitali's. Hell, has Vitali even established 'his' era yet? He certainly hasn't had an extended period of wins against top opposition like Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe & Lewis all had.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Vitali has virtually no resume.

Notable Wins:
Herbie Hide
Larry Donald
Kirk Johnson
Corrie Sanders
Samuel Peter
Notables Losses:
Chris Byrd
Lennox Lewis

The two highest profile guys he fought, he lost to.

·
Beautiful Man
3,552 Posts
Vitali has virtually no resume.

Notable Wins:
Herbie Hide
Larry Donald
Kirk Johnson
Corrie Sanders
Samuel Peter
Notables Losses:
Chris Byrd
Lennox Lewis

The two highest profile guys he fought, he lost to.
Come on man,you know that both were no losses

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Lewis is damn smart to stay retired. Coming back to fight in this weak azz division is a lose, lose situation. Beating all these chumps won't add to his legacy.

G

·
Lewis is damn smart to stay retired. Coming back to fight in this weak azz division is a lose, lose situation. Beating all these chumps won't add to his legacy.
Not only that but if he comes back he won't be half the fighter he once was. I hope he stays retired. We don't need another guy who could've finished on top, coming back and hurting their legacy. I have much respect for a guy who can retire on top and STAY retired.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I don't recall Ali hurting his legacy by coming back and getting his ass whooped by Holmes and Berbick...

That didn't hurt his legacy, just his life. I'm actually surprised the man is still alive.

G

·
I don't recall Ali hurting his legacy by coming back and getting his ass whooped by Holmes and Berbick...

That didn't hurt his legacy, just his life. I'm actually surprised the man is still alive.
Ali certainly didn't help his legacy any by coming back for two losses. It's also somewhat different because the gap between Ali's last win and then his comeback was 2 years. It's been 6 years since Lennox fought.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Ali certainly didn't help his legacy any by coming back for two losses. It's also somewhat different because the gap between Ali's last win and then his comeback was 2 years. It's been 6 years since Lennox fought.
Lewis also retired around his prime...Ali was over the hill when he retired. Lewis had a relatively short career for an ATG Heavyweight.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Probably been said a thousand times but im so glad Lennox is appreciated now, way more than when he was active, he was my Boxing hero back then, full props to the man.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Lennox beats Wlad???? Of course that will never add to his legacy would it??? :D. Of course you would say that he would be too old to beat Wlad, but I was also the only one saying that Holyfeild would win the fight against Valuev.

·
Beautiful Man
3,552 Posts
I promise you Lennox will give a comback to fight vitali,both know that they do not know who won.december 2009 remember my words :D

·
The true Guru
11,135 Posts
my opinion only but lewis is so damn overrated and thats coming from a englishman,
bruno was always my hero..and he should have beat lewis

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
my opinion only but lewis is so damn overrated and thats coming from a englishman,
bruno was always my hero..and he should have beat lewis
Lewis was at times a lazy fighter, sometimes his mind would be elsewhere and sometimes he wouldn't prepare like he should. But at his best, fully focused and trained, Lewis was one of the very best ever.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts