Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Mark Vester

The rumors are getting stronger that former undisputed heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis is considering a return to the ring. Lewis has not fought since a sixth-round TKO over Vitali Klitschko in June of 2003. Vitali himself made a return to the ring in October after nearly four-years of inactivity and won the WBC heavyweight title by stopping champion Sam Peter.

Vitali's manager Bernd Boente told German sports agency SID that he was told that Lewis was training again and spoke to HBO about a possible return to the ring. Boente and Vitali are hoping that a Lewis return will finally get them a rematch.

"We know that Lennox has trained again and has already spoken to HBO," Boente said."If Lennox returns, there is the chance of another fight with Vitali. Vitali has done his part with a successful comeback, now it is up to Lennox."

Vitali has called for a rematch for several years. Lewis stopped him when the doctors felt it was too dangerous to let Vitali continue with the serious facial cuts that he suffered during the contest. Vitali was ahead on the scorecards when the fight was stopped.

Lewis has been rumored to return several times over the last few years and poured water on every rumor. This time the Klitschko camp is claiming the rumors are for real, as far as Lewis "considering" a ring return.

"Now we must waiting whether he actually gives us a green light," added Boente.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
;)I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for Lennox to come back LOL

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i respect the guy and i don't want him back because he is a sample to all current boxers that you can leave the sport without going for the money and gain world wide respect. BUT i want him to beat vitali because if haye gets ko'd then we gotta see robocop and his brother the lion from the wizard of oz be champs.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
BUMBAHCLOOD MANN !!!THIS IS RIDICULOUS LEWIS SHOULD STAY RETIRED , HE'S PROBABLY BORED OF DOING NOTHING BUT GETTING FAT..EATING ALL THAT CURRY GOAT MON...

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it could be true cuz lennox looked slim in the calzaghe jone jnr fight. unless he is just training to lose the fat and people are hyping it up

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I say we break Ike Ibeabuchi out of prison instead.
Even now I would say he blows lennox away and back into retirement...

such a waste of a career, Ike would of dominated this division hands down for years. he took Chris byrds head off:laugh::thumbsup:
It just goes to show that the pull of a womans pubic hair is stronger than the chains that pull a ship...:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
A Lewis fight with Vitali is hard to call for the simple reason we dont know how much Lewis has left. Lewis is an ATG in the HW division though and if he can come back anywhere near his best (70% of his best would be fine) then he'd finish the job he started in the first fight and knock Vitali out. Vitali was on the verge of going in the first fight, another round or two and i think he'd have been out!

·
Registered
830 Posts
A Lewis fight with Vitali is hard to call for the simple reason we dont know how much Lewis has left. Lewis is an ATG in the HW division
That's as maybe mate but I should inform you that Lennox is actually a natural flyweight cause in his B ball days when he was like 9 that is what he was.

People can disagree all they like cause Yea BUT no but an anyways don't be givin me evils..... Haha

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
That's as maybe mate but I should inform you that Lennox is actually a natural flyweight cause in his B ball days when he was like 9 that is what he was.

People can disagree all they like cause Yea BUT no but an anyways don't be givin me evils..... Haha

LMAO!

Good stuff Chris. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
8,579 Posts
Ike should never be in prison that was a terrible miscarriage of justice :thumbsdown:

·
8,579 Posts
I remember he said he had demons or what not but I really can't comment on the guilty or not guilty part...really dont know, he was mentally ill so I can't put it past him. :dunno:
So would you be mentally ill if you were kept sedated like a zombie for 14 months without being officially charged,while all the time being badgered to plead guilty coz the prosecution had no case

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
This happens almost every year, I don't think he'll be coming out of retirement. The guy is 43 years old, has nothing else to prove at this point (especially the way the HW div is looking). Plus he's one of the retired boxers that was telling Cal to retire, so if he came out of retirement, it'll make him look like a hypocrite IMO. If Haye was dominating the division along with the Klitschkos and Holyfield made a miraculous turnaround, then a comeback could enhance his legacy, but right now, all a fight will do with the Klitschkos will result in more money but his legacy will remain unchanged IMO.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Riddick Bowe is fighting on Dr. Steelhammer's undercard. Lennox might as well make a comeback. I'm all for it but 5 years is long time. I wouldn't give him much of chance against either K-bro.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts