Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blown away by Margarito tonight. Incredible performance. His punch output is insane and his accuracy was ridiculous.

In a fight with Cotto, though, I beleive that Cotto will take that punch output away from him with an educated body assault. Around the 8th one of those boyd shots will stop Margarito.

But, if anyone can KO Miguel, it's Margarito.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Aint see either the Margarito or Cotto fights yet, i watched the worst fight of the year, Tarver vs Woods.

Im gutted, i cant beleive i didn't watch that card. :(

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aint see either the Margarito or Cotto fights yet, i watched the worst fight of the year, Tarver vs Woods.

Yeah, you missed two fantastic performances. Cotto might ahve been facing a bum but he looked invincible. He landed %59 of his power punches.

Margarito fought very well. Just pounded Cintron to the inside and ko'd him with a vicious body shot.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Hard luck to Kerm, id been talking with him on ringside report last month and he's a good guy. Margarito is an animal though, when he's active and focused he gives anyone hell.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Both HBO fights were one-sided as hell.. Margarito and Cotto both won every single round in their respective fights, and both fights ended at the same stage, with their opponents taking a huge beating.

I never thought this would've been that way, Cintron and Gomez were no match

·
Banned
589 Posts
Blown away by Margarito tonight. Incredible performance. His punch output is insane and his accuracy was ridiculous.

In a fight with Cotto, though, I beleive that Cotto will take that punch output away from him with an educated body assault. Around the 8th one of those boyd shots will stop Margarito.

But, if anyone can KO Miguel, it's Margarito.
To Say His Accuracy Was Ridicolous Is A Bit Of A Stretch, Cintron Has Terrible Defense And Has Only Been Boxing For 9 Years Of His Life. Due To A Lack Of An Amature Career, He Really Doesnt Feel Punches Coming.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
cintron looked aight to me but he was getting beat up because he has horrible defense and margarito stil isnt that good. I dont think margy will last the difference agaisnt floyd. Margy can definently take a face shot but cotto will murder him to the body. I'm extremely confident. Dawson/johnson was a great fight, cotto destroys gomez, and an overhyped fighter beat another overhyped fighter. Good night of boxing though.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

You need watch them fights. Both guys looked great. Cotto performance was expected. But Margarito stoled the show with his performance

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
You need watch them fights. Both guys looked great. Cotto performance was expected. But Margarito stoled the show with his performance
I got them Sky Plused, im gonna watch them when i wake up tomoz.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
cintron looked aight to me but he was getting beat up because he has horrible defense and margarito stil isnt that good. I dont think margy will last the difference agaisnt floyd. Margy can definently take a face shot but cotto will murder him to the body. I'm extremely confident. Dawson/johnson was a great fight, cotto destroys gomez, and an overhyped fighter beat another overhyped fighter. Good night of boxing though.
Margarito ain't great. But he's a good fighter. And he has a great chin. He can't beat Mayweather. But I can easily see him lasting the distance. Him and Cotto should be great

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
margies good, cotto and floyd are great. Cintron just has a ko punch. Floyd would of knocked him out that night, cotto may of murdered him. Margy vs cotto will be a good fight, while it last.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Cotto looked sharp as hell tonight.. Fonzie never got his respect and he payed for it.. I remember Alfonso was having trouble breathing by round 2

·
Registered
18 Posts
Margarito`s Hell Tuff...cintron Cut Him With Good Shots And He Goes To The Front Everytime.
With Cotto The Story Is Going To Be Different,his Body Punches And His Strong Jab Will Make The Difference.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
This was an incredible night of boxing. I didn't get to watch Woods-Tarver and only saw up to round 10 of Dawson-Jhonson because I was so focused on watching HBO tonight.

Cotto definately proved me wrong in my thinking he was going to come ill prepared and win this fight in a lack luster manner. He used Gomez as a human punching bag like I thought he would if he came well trained and ready.

Margarito did exactly what I thought he would do. Great fight! Kermit Cintron showed a lot of heart this time around. I like how Steward tried to have Cintron emmulate the Mayweather defense. Comming from Steward, go figure.

Larry Merchant did great in attempting to make Mayweather seem like he's actually ducking Cotto. Mayweather must be pissed right now and that's good. Cotto-Margarito is going to be a war and come 2009, the winner (probrally Cotto) can get the ass whoopin' the MHG has been asking for.

GREAT NIGHT! Anyone know where/when I can watch the Showtime fights?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
What struck me was yet another Kronk fighter in Cintron going down in sad defeat. he looked like the typical prototype with the broad shoulders, thin waist, left arm swinging at his side, and not enough power to keep a rough guy like Margarito off him. Steward ain't been very impressive of late.

I think Margarito and Cotto would be a great fight with Cotto winning a decision.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yup Gotto vs Margarito will be crazy! Before last night i wouldave said this would be a easy fight for Cotto but now im not so sure! Im still goig with Cotto but hes in for one tough fight.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts