24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October 24

At Montreal: Lucian Bute vs. Librado Andrade

12 rounds, for Bute's IBF super middleweight title

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'd pick Bute to win by decision cuz hes the better boxer with better skills. But I like Andrade, he is a pretty solid guy, always keeps comming, throws hard shots and can take one hell of a punch(reminds me of a certain welterweight), but he needs to learn how to cut the ring better.

·
Registered
617 Posts
There is no way Bute KOs Andrade so either Bute puts on a clinic or Andrade wears him down and stops him late cuz he aint winning no close decision at Montreal.Bute has never fought somebody like Andrade.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've never seen Bute, but I like Andrade. He's a lot of fun to watch. Kessler couldn't put a dent in his chin, so Bute, no matter how hard he hits, will be hard-pressed to do it. From what I've gathered, though, he won't be looking to KO him as he's the far superior boxer.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i think bute will win in a close but still clear decision
i'll be going for andrade but just think bute is to far ahead in the skill department[although its been proven many times that the more skillful boxer can lose to someone with a very good chin,lots of heart and determination]

·
Registered
53 Posts
It would be worth a pay-per-view if somebody could just cause a little puffiness under Andrade's eye...maybe just a little discoloration.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm excited to finally get to see Bute for the first time tomorrow night. Should be one hell of an entertaining fight. Props to ShoBox for a killer upcoming trio of bouts.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Andrade is not human...

He would have been perfect for the oldschool 45 round bouts. 12 rounds isn't going to give him a chance to wear down Bute tho, he seems pretty solid.

Decision will most likely be close tho cuz Bute likes to crouch and has the shorter reach. I'm unaware of how Bute's chin rates so I wouldn't rule Andrade out. Bute keeps his hands low often enough to create some opportunities. I'm not betting on this fight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts