Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys hit the bag. How do you mix the havy rounds and light one's?

I mean full power punches vs light and fast punches.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Combinations

I usually stick to getting my combinations down and making sure I improve my jab. Being tall all of my power punches come from setting up my jab so when working with the bag I focus on getting the timing of my combinations down, footwork, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used the bag a lot in my workouts. 6-7 even 8 rounds. Jab-jab-rt cross-L.hook, probably 2.3 of the time. Combinations the rest of the time. Being 5-11 and 165 I was taller than 3/4 of my oppononts so needed the jab. Sometimes work the jab exclusively for 1-2 rounds. Also worked quick rt hand lead followed by a left... my treat for the southpaws

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys,
I meant strength.
Light round hit light and heavy round hit hard.
Some for indurance, some for strength.
I was just wondering if you mix them up or keep the technique separated by rounds.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its imortant to be able to mix it up with both ways. I prefer having strength because being such a beginner, I tend to be able to overpower my opponents pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
When I hit the bag, the first round I jab, jab, jab, and sudenly unload on it. I throw about 8-9 punches, for example I'l triple jab then come over with my right and left hook to the lower section of the bag, then double jab,and finaly come in with my strongest arm/punch my right cross.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts