Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching some classic Evander Holyfield fights and it upsets me to see him still fighting, It's not his age that bothers me its the fact that he is so uncompetitive and a shell of his former menacing self,which so excited boxing fans.

Holyfield easily makes my top ten ever to put a pair of boxing gloves on and in my opinion the greatest cruiserweight ever.

But what do people make of certified living Legends still doing it in the ring today Holyfield,De la Hoya,Roy Jones,Hopkins, etc etc????

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
It seems my friend that a lot of people a pre-destined to become something in life and that something becomes the proffession they spend the majority of their life doing, for a lot of boxers is the only thing that they are ever any good at, there for it becomes extremely hard to let go of or stop doing,it's your meal ticket to living.
Unfortunately only when they suffer a severe defeat do they come to terms with the reality of moving on and retiring.
Most of us look at this and act very judgemental feeling we know what's best for the boxer, in reality we'll never see it from the fighter's point of view and never know what it means to wear boxing shoes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts