Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh: That right there proves Kimbo was nothing but hype.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
I actually follow Kimbo a lil bit and the problem was that he took the fight in hours notice. And even though he his style is "fighting anywhere at anytime" on the streets...I don't think he's ever fought anyone in the streets that knows karate lol. By the way...Kimbo would throw Amir Khan around the ring with his nose and pick it off like Mr. Potato Head...

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I actually follow Kimbo a lil bit and the problem was that he took the fight in hours notice. And even though he his style is "fighting anywhere at anytime" on the streets...I don't think he's ever fought anyone in the streets that knows karate lol. By the way...Kimbo would throw Amir Khan around the ring with his nose and pick it off like Mr. Potato Head...
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
So the other guy didn't? The other guy wasn't at the same disadvantage? Dude was at more of a disadvantage, because he was stepping into the main event.

What pisses me off most about this bullshitt is that the announcers acted like this was a monumental upset, (All the screaming), "It could happen", etc. Like he was thought to be unbeatable by people that actually know about fighting. A big fukk you to those announcers.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
So the other guy didn't? The other guy wasn't at the same disadvantage? Dude was at more of a disadvantage, because he was stepping into the main event.

What pisses me off most about this bullshitt is that the announcers acted like this was a monumental upset, (All the screaming), "It could happen", etc. Like he was thought to be unbeatable by people that actually know about fighting. A big fukk you to those announcers.
Definitely. Another terrible thing in the MMA world.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

They were making a big deal cuz they know it's the end of Kimbo

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts

What I'm saying is that Kimbo didn't know the other guy's style...which was karate. He took that kick to the leg and that short right to the jaw and now he knows that the guy knows Karate. I'm sure the other guy knew Kimbo was a brawler type. You don't really have to watch videos to realize how Kimbo fights. Kimbo was definitely at a more disadvantage in preparation imo...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone that knows MMA (Or just about any kind of fighting) knows that Kimbo Slice and EliteXC are both downright awful. I'm pretty sure that I could take Kimbo, and I fight at 170lbs. The only reason that they signed him is because they think that his 'internet fame' will make him a big moneymaker.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good, I am glad he got knocked out so easily.
I watched his bare knuckle fights on the net, and some of those he fought looked like they were sitting on a stool in the local bar a few minutes before the fight.

I saw one of his fights where he got beat in a bare knuckle fight. Looked like it was in some sort of sports hall, he was fighting a big white guy, who looked a little over weight.
As soon as the other guy had him in trouble his handlers were pulling the other guy of him, saying no knees, or something like that.

The other guy then knocked him down for about a count of twenty or so, if I remember correct.
It was mayhem with the crowd all around the fighters.
Kimbo got up, and the other guy had him against a wall, where he hit him with some very tired looking punches,and Kimbo went down and out after the count of thirty.

To me anyway, he comes across as a bully boy, and the bully boy got what he deserves.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
What I'm saying is that Kimbo didn't know the other guy's style...which was karate. He took that kick to the leg and that short right to the jaw and now he knows that the guy knows Karate. I'm sure the other guy knew Kimbo was a brawler type. You don't really have to watch videos to realize how Kimbo fights. Kimbo was definitely at a more disadvantage in preparation imo...
He shouldve had the best preparation of his life because it was supposed to be against Shamrock, the best opponent of his life. The only "karate" technique the guy used was a front kick, which is basic mma stand up.

Bottom line is Kimbo idiotically thought he could overpower dude and he got dropped with an unbalanced right hand and got beat in 14 seconds.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Anyone that knows MMA (Or just about any kind of fighting) knows that Kimbo Slice and EliteXC are both downright awful. I'm pretty sure that I could take Kimbo, and I fight at 170lbs. The only reason that they signed him is because they think that his 'internet fame' will make him a big moneymaker.
In search of videos of you fighting ASAP. Back up the words.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts