Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out. I want to buy something I can punch, and found this product called the Slam Man. It's a bit pricey, but it comes with an instructional video that seems to teach some basic boxing moves, and the product is computerized to give you a variety of workouts.

I'm not a boxer. I don't even know if I want to "get into" boxing. Honestly, I just want something to punch when I'm frustrated and angry! But the Slam Man appeals to me because I can learn a little about boxing and turn it into a workout instead of just throwing random wild punches.

I don't want a heavy bag that has to be hung or comes with a huge stand. So it's either the Slam Man or a freestanding bag. If I find that I really love boxing, then I'll consider getting a real heavy bag, but right now, I just want something to take out my anger on.

With that said, have any of you ever seen or used the Slam Man, and what did you think of it for my purposes?

Thanks for any advice/input!

·
Registered
212 Posts
i just saw a picture of that on google, thats the same size as the regular stand up heavy bags. I think you should just get the regular stand up one's, because you can hit it however you want and you wont hurt ur hands. But on this, you might hit it on a bad angle and hurt ur hand. Whatever you do, just make sure you buy some 180 inch hand wraps and some boxing gloves before you start punching, or theres a good chance ur gonna hurt urself.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yep, SJM is right, you might hurt your hands if you hit it wrong. Just get a regular stand up bag, or a regular 120lb heavybag if you have room. Be sure to get the wraps and proper gloves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts