Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this site and I was hoping to get some training advice. A friend of mine is supposedly starting a boxing club at my school. I have no experience boxing and was hoping to begin getting in boxing shape this summer. I'm 5'5 and I weigh 130 pounds (I know, I'm small), and I'm in ok shape but I have no endurance. Where should I begin to start getting in boxing shape?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello, I am new to this site and I was hoping to get some training advice. A friend of mine is supposedly starting a boxing club at my school. I have no experience boxing and was hoping to begin getting in boxing shape this summer. I'm 5'5 and I weigh 130 pounds (I know, I'm small), and I'm in ok shape but I have no endurance. Where should I begin to start getting in boxing shape?

your basically same height and weight as me. im heavier though.

Well u came to the right place. If your friend isnt a qualified coach/trainer i highly don't recommend going.

You need to start jump rope and interval running. Also eat healthly. Join a boxing gym or club if you want to learn boxing. As buying speed bag and heavy bag can be expensive in a big sum, and also you have to have space. Dw about if your not fit enough, tell the trainer that and he will help you with your fitness.

Dont listen to your friend, go to a qualified person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately Im in college and I can't afford or spare alot of time going to a qaulified trainer. My friend has been been boxing for probly 15 years but I do't plan on taking it too seriously. You know, just pick up a few pointers before Im able to actually go to a professional. Im just worried that If I don't start boxing soon, I may be too old to realy start boxing when Im out of college.

·
Registered
149 Posts
whats wrong with picking up a few pointers from a professional.
Buy a heavy bag. go to youtube or what ever, and search how to throw jabs, and all the punches you want pointers on. Practice them, then go to a coach then.

And down where i am most fighting sports like boxing or judo is no more than 5$ a lesson. And only 1 hour a week, if u go once a week. Which you could learn alot over alot of time.

Never too old to start boxing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that seems in my price range. Im going to do some research and look around my area for a profesional. Ill also look into buying a bag but I think my school doesn't allow them in my dorms because they are a "fire hazard". Ill look into it. If you think that is the best way to go about learning, Ill definately follow your advice. Thanks Steve1994.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No problem.

with the problem about your dorm , most college's have gyms. If yours doesnt and you cant get a bag in. then you most likely need to join a club.

It also wont hurt to ask your college for financial help into club sports. THe most theyll say is go away. Not like they will kick you outa there college :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts