Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lopez made it look as if he took his time with De Leon knocking out Cesar Figueroa, also a mexican, with his first two punches 47 seconds into the first round. He called out Israel Vasquez and mocked him a little for his next opponent choice who used to fight at 112. I hope that fight is made sooon.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Lopez made it look as if he took his time with De Leon knocking out Cesar Figueroa, also a mexican, with his first two punches 47 seconds into the first round. He called out Israel Vasquez and mocked him a little for his next opponent choice who used to fight at 112. I hope that fight is made sooon.
I'm not Mexican, but was that really necessary?

Let me guess, he stopped him with a right hook, I want to see what happens when someone neutralizes that punch from him. It will be almost impossible though because it's a right hook from a southpaw that's accurate and he can throw it as a counter and lead.

Juan Manuel Lopez against Vazquez or Marquez is a toss up fight right now, against everybody else he should be favored. I still see Vazquez and Marquez being able to stop him late though. Vazquez more so than Marquez because of the beard and punching power.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Yeah it was a right hook that ended it. That's funny because I think Marquez has a better chance at beating Lopez than Vasquez does based on their styles. Vasquez would try to get inside and would get caught with a lot of hard shots on his way in. He got a good chin but how many punches can he take from a guy with 1 punch KO power?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts