Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
elnuevodia.com - translated by me :thumbsup:

"People give me advice everywhere I go, they suggest to me strategies, they tell me I'm going to win but to be careful because he throws a lot of punches. I listen to everybody and I'm thankful, but inside the ring I do what my corner tells me".

"People tell me they expect a KO by the fourth or fifth round but I think it will be in the seventh or eight, but we're prepared to go the distance. I won my first nine fights by KO and in the tenth i won by decision. After that fight I put my feet on the ground, since in the beggining I was always looking for the knockout. We are past that stage, I'm almost sure that this fight ends with a knockout, but we're going to go round by round, no hurry, the important thing is to step off the ring with the belt" said the southpaw from Caguas.

"I don't deny a handshake, a smile, nor an autograph to nobody. I like to please my fans, because if it wasn't for them, there wouldnt be any food in my house", said the father of 5.

"One has to know what he's doing, how you behave in places, you can't derail. But I dont mind being an role model for the kids, I like them to see that I came from nothing and have made progress" added Lopez who represented Puerto Rico in the 2004 Olympics.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I think if there is a KO around the seventh or eighth it will be a Ponce de Leon win :thumbsup:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
If Lopez trades with De Leon he won't make it out the 3rd. Either way I still think he's getting knocked out

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Lopez SHOULD outbox De Leon with ease. I got a strange feeling De Leon is gonna knock him out late while way behind on the cards, but im sticking with Lopez UD.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I think Daniel Ponce de Leon will drag Lopez into his type of fight and knock him out in the mid-late rounds

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I think Daniel Ponce de Leon will drag Lopez into his type of fight and knock him out in the mid-late rounds
I agree, he will get sucked in, but we dont know how good his chin and heart is to be able to recuperate and get back on the game plan and stay jabbing and hitting him with the counter right he always throws.

Juanma looks like he only uses his left as a decoy and slugfest with one hand dont work, De Leon mid-late round tko.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Ponce needs to show me something with this one or get out of the way. I'm not necessarily pulling against him, but I want him to bring the pain or just "fade into Bolivian" like Iron Mike would say. May the best man win.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think Lopez will be winning on the cards but will get KOed late by hard hitting PDL

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If this fight plays out the way these two talk, it will be a good scrap.:thumbsup: both predicted mid round ko's. I flipped a coin and it landed on Lopez, I'll take him.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Be sure to watch a Lopez fight before betting on PDL. :cool:
I have his last fight against Oquendo, he throws really good hard counter right hook and his left looks like just a decoy. Hes a real smooth counter-puncher/boxer he doesnt jab much and hasnt really fought anyone. PDL stops him.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Lopez opposition is horrible man, too many bums

1 - 19 of 19 Posts