Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent been able to train these past two weeks, because of lower back pain. I was doing my morning road work, and when I came back I started stretching and doing ducking, bobbing and weaving exercises. During these exercises most notably when I was ducking and coming back up again, I felt a pull and a burn in the area between my lower back and butt. My whole lower back became stiff, and I could barely walk. Im fine now, and the only thing I am feeling now is a little twitch underneat my right lower back. Im going to wait until it is completely healed until I start training again.
I was doing some research, and it seems that this cramping, or muscle and nerve fatige may be a result of low potassium, magnisium and water intake. I would like to know your opinions and suggestions on this matter I would highely appriciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Water is def important. If your training seriously, you should be drinking no less than a gallon a day. Depending on how much you weigh you should be drinking even more.

Potassium and magnesium could be solved by taking a multivitamin

Other than that if the back pain continues I suggest going to a chiropractor. It's done wonders for me.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link. The problem feels more like a nerve being pulled under my right lower back. When i do sprints I can feel it getting "irritated" I probebly have to stretch the buttocks muscles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Your sciatic nerve runs out of your spine in that area, You could have a bulge or a disk issue.

don't be like me and wait to find out the hard way see a doctor.

There's a lot of different ways to treat it and a lot of different ways to mess it up when you think you're helping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip. I am fully recovered now, though after a hard day of training I can still feel it. It is not pain but sort of like a "feeling" in that area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I havent been able to train these past two weeks, because of lower back pain. I was doing my morning road work, and when I came back I started stretching and doing ducking, bobbing and weaving exercises. During these exercises most notably when I was ducking and coming back up again, I felt a pull and a burn in the area between my lower back and butt. My whole lower back became stiff, and I could barely walk. Im fine now, and the only thing I am feeling now is a little twitch underneat my right lower back. Im going to wait until it is completely healed until I start training again.
I was doing some research, and it seems that this cramping, or muscle and nerve fatige may be a result of low potassium, magnisium and water intake. I would like to know your opinions and suggestions on this matter I would highely appriciated. Thank you in advance.
Well, I don't think it's anything serious but I would still recommend trying magnetotherapy, it will at the very least relieve the pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts