Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to go pro in a couple of months-heavyweight, and was really confident about it until I sparred with a friend of mine who only boxes for cardio. Now normally I slap him around the ring with no effort- he is 6'2/220 and I am 6'3/250 with a hell of a lot more experience. However, he is an avid bodybuilder and has been using a ton of steroids over the past while namely m1t. His shots were not only extremely fast but damaging and when we came in close he could easily overpower me in clinches - a first for any of my partners as I have played a lot of football.

My worry is am I kidding myself to think I can be competitive without juicing as I've never belived in it. In a real match I would have lost even though I am superior in every way to this guy other than the juice.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If that were a real fight he'd be disqualified for using banned substances.

You're definitely the better boxer, if you want to go pro go for it, just have a back up plan in case it goes wrong other than that good luck :D

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
If your the superior boxer, why do you allow him to come in close. Take a step back and when he steps in, let him eat your right hand. You dont have to overpower an opponent, you just have to outsmart them. Use your boxing skills and keep your head in the match.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
You don't need any juice. Skills pay the bills. Use your experience and show some footwork, handspeed and head movement. I know it's easier said than done but I've sparred with stronger guys and I used my speed and accuracy. You can stay in front of them and bang if you want to but at least move your head. And bodybuilding can benefit experienced boxers but bodybuilders who only box a little should be too stiff and slow to be comfortable in the ring. Get him in the next sparring session and tell us how it went man :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts