Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doesnt look as if this fight is going to be made, enzo has signed this fight twice in the past but haye hasnt, this time some one said that maccarinelli refused to fight david haye for $1 million, but there was a catch as we see here

i see the problem, haye is a natural heavyweight, maccarinelli is a natural cruiser! i think maccarinelli would've beat haye at cruiserweight, but he wouldnt cope with him at heavy's!

maccarinelli will dominate the cruiser's now i think, he hasnt been troubled in a fight for years now, dont know who's out there realy, enzo would beat mormeck easy, what do you guys think of cuningham?

i wish haye well for the heavy;s though, i think he could sort out that division and bring some class to it! he did say on telly that there is a man in talks with him ranked high on the best heavyweight list, who do you think it could be? all the title holders are in due fights could it be someone like vitali klitschko? david tua?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think that the fight almost certainly won't happen as Haye won't be able to make the cruiser limit, depsite training every day since the mormeck fight as he says. Plus he looks much more enthusiastic when talking about the heavyweights and i think his heart lies there.

In regard to Enzo, i think he's got a lot of potential, especially with a great boxing trainer like enzo calzaghe behind him to back up his power, and give him the versatility to make a protracted championship reign. But he needs a really serious test soon or people will just call him another protected champ. I think he'd beat most of the cruisers out there, but unless he does he'll never be a big name, especially in American eyes.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Enzo needs to fight someone, and stop calling out Haye and ducking him everytime. Warren basically slags Haye off every week in his column, and says how great Enzo is. Enzo is then offered a career high payday to take the fight at Cruiserweight (Haye is keeping trim so he can have one more fight at CW) and FW ducks him out again. Its the same old story with Enzo, Darnell Wilson offered to fight Enzo for next to no money and on 2 weeks notice on the Calzaghe card, Warren wouldnt make the fight and found some bum instead.

Enzo and FW better start backing up their talk and going to unify the division when Haye does, but i doubt it very much.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Enzo needs to fight someone, and stop calling out Haye and ducking him everytime. Warren basically slags Haye off every week in his column, and says how great Enzo is. Enzo is then offered a career high payday to take the fight at Cruiserweight (Haye is keeping trim so he can have one more fight at CW) and FW ducks him out again. Its the same old story with Enzo, Darnell Wilson offered to fight Enzo for next to no money and on 2 weeks notice on the Calzaghe card, Warren wouldnt make the fight and found some bum instead.

Enzo and FW better start backing up their talk and going to unify the division when Haye does, but i doubt it very much.
enzos next fight is most probably gonna be against steve cunningham, i know warrens spoke with his people about getting there 2 belts unifyed, previous offers from both frank warren and maloney have had options on the winner of the fight, that offer from maloney would most likely have been the same thats why warren wouldn't have took it.

i doubt haye could get down to the weight again anyway.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Haye said he was keeping trim hoping to get Enzo in March, but to me i think its fairly obvious Enzo is ducking Haye, though i think its more FW's fault than Enzo's. Its generally Warren's party trick to throw in options then accuse the other guy of ducking when its refused:laugh:

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the £500,000 was offered to enzo to fight at a catchweight between cruiser and heavyweight, with no belts on the line so it wasnt straight forward

if he was offered titles on the line at cruiserweight he wouldve taken it

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh but this isnt the first time a Haye offer has been turned down by Enzo, and everytime Warren has made offers its always included options on Haye if he was to win. Maloney may do the same, but on Sky Sports a while back he said he offered Enzo a no-title's, no strings attached fight between the two and it was turned down.

Haye has just stepped upto the plate and fought the best Cruiserweight in the world, who did Macca fight again?:laugh:

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont think haye's resume is superior to enzo's to be honest!

haye may have fought mormeck but you could argue that braithwaite is a bigger name, not saying he's a better boxer!

id say maccarinelli will have to fight cunningham now, cant see another big fight out there

i wish haye all the best for the heavy's though i hope he sorts them out!!! but at cruiser i think macca wouldve beaten him! we'll never know!!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh, we'll never know but my opinion is set that Haye would beat Macca at any weight. I think Haye has done alot more than Enzo though. Braithwaite may have been the bigger name (i dont really know) but Mormeck was undoubtedly the better of the two, hell he beat him not so long ago.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Myself Id love to see the fight but if its not going to happen move on and fill newspaper columns with new read like who they are looking to fight next not back and forth of who ducked who.

I will say it simple Iam welsh and am a big fan of Enzo's but I detest Warren and his newspaper columns are shite!! He gives no or very little credit to any fighter thats not with him. David Haye had a great victory in Paris on November 10th and he talked it down as much as he possibly could!

Id like Enzo/Cunningham nxt but he got to get by Huck in Germany 1st and if he dont KO him then dont count on it in Germany!!!!

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
dont think haye's resume is superior to enzo's to be honest!

haye may have fought mormeck but you could argue that braithwaite is a bigger name
, not saying he's a better boxer!

id say maccarinelli will have to fight cunningham now, cant see another big fight out there

i wish haye all the best for the heavy's though i hope he sorts them out!!! but at cruiser i think macca wouldve beaten him! we'll never know!!
How can that be if Mormeck held a win over Braithwaite? Mormeck is easily a bigger name than Braithwaite. That being said, I'm not surprised to see Enzo turned down Haye. Enzo always did seem to be lacking in the heart department. I think Haye would of smashed him

·
Registered
540 Posts
How can that be if Mormeck held a win over Braithwaite? Mormeck is easily a bigger name than Braithwaite. That being said, I'm not surprised to see Enzo turned down Haye. Enzo always did seem to be lacking in the heart department. I think Haye would of smashed him
Haye for me would have the speed in a fight with Enzo,There is a very small ? mark on his chin.Haye for me never ducks anyone,it was about his 14th fight he lost for a belt.Mormeck for me 2 is a bigger name.Enzo does have a belt & is no mug in boxing terms,sad 2 say i dought these guys will fight.Would have been a good fight while it lasted,for sure some-one would be ko.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Haye for me would have the speed in a fight with Enzo,There is a very small ? mark on his chin.Haye for me never ducks anyone,it was about his 14th fight he lost for a belt.Mormeck for me 2 is a bigger name.Enzo does have a belt & is no mug in boxing terms,sad 2 say i dought these guys will fight.Would have been a good fight while it lasted,for sure some-one would be ko.
I blame Enzo and Warren if this fight never happens. Haye went to France to fight Mormeck. He's shown he has heart.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Looks like this fight aint happenen I read Haye's people saying he will fight a top 10 ranked heavyweight next - its a shame but its gone and I hope all this can be dropped and move on.

No doubt tho Warren will still spout his usual crap claiming he made a great offer. Warrens a joke! I was reading an interview with cruiserweight Rob Calloway and he said he was offered a small sum to fight Enzo November 3rd with a weeks notice, its the type of thing Warren does and then claims his man was ducked!!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Id like to see Enzo fight Cunningham/Huck next in Vegas on the undercard of Hopkins/Calzaghe if the winner can get themselves ready to go by April and if the Hop/joe fight actually comes off.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
After a deal to fight UK rival Enzo Maccarinelli fell apart, WBC/WBA cruiserweight champion David Haye (20-1, 19KOs) promised that he would move forward with his plan to jump to the heavyweight division, and shock everyone by facing an top heavyweight opponent.

The opponent has finally been revealed. It appears Haye's promoter Frank Maloney is holding talks with Top Rank to stage a fight between Haye and former heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman (45-6-2, 36KOs).

Dan Rafael reports the fight is being eyed for late March in England. Rahman's manager Steve Nelson told Rafael that his fighter would likely take a tune-up bout before meeting Haye, possibly on a Feb. 7 Versus card. Nelson is confident that Haye is biting off more than he can chew by taking a big step up in competition against a heavyweight like Rahman.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Rahman is one risky ass first fight at HW:laugh: This is another example of the kind of balls Haye has, going after a guy like Rahman so early in his HW career. I tell you now, Haye has never, and never will, duck anyone!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Rahman is one risky ass first fight at HW:laugh: This is another example of the kind of balls Haye has, going after a guy like Rahman so early in his HW career. I tell you now, Haye has never, and never will, duck anyone!
rahman is a good hw but sometimes has looked very ordinary. I think his win over lennox was a big fluke and thats why people recognise his name. Haye would bomb him out in 4 rounds

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
rahmans slow, he doesn't throw many punches and can be knocked out.

i dont see this as a risky fight at all for haye, i see this as a way for david to get a big name on his record with relative ease.

rahman only has 1 punch and its his right hand.

haye wins inside 3 rounds.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Say what you want about Rahman, but he was a world class fighter. Yes, he may only be famous for knocking Lennox out but hes mixed it up with most of best HWs of his era (a very poor one) and in a couple of his KO losses he was well ahead on the cards at the time of the stoppage.

He has a glass jaw but he can punch, Haye is hardly McCall when it comes to his chin so this is a very risky fight.. they could have easily put him in with a worse HW, like one of the domestic bunch:laugh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts