Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Would Pacquiao be moving up to light welter? I reckon that the fight would be huge and I'd much rather that it happens over Malignaggi-Hatton. Malignaggi did himself no favours with his showing on the undercard to Hatton-Lazcano.
That's the plan

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I hope this don't happen, Ricky and Manny could just do with one more fight. Hatton to prove he can still do it against good opponents like Malignaggi, and for Pacquiao to settle in to 135. Hopefully they'll fight next spring, looks like in Vegas, but hopefully not :thumbsdown:

G

·
I don't see Paulie stepping aside a massive money fight with Hatton unless they offer him a considerable amount. Hatton would be stupid to turn down that fight anyway, it's easy money. I see this going ahead as planned.

I'd rather Hatton fought guys in his division anyway. Like VD said, unless Pac destroys Diaz then he hasn't got a hope in hell of beating Hatton at 140.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
hatton has got the mayweather bug now. he's turning into something which he wasn't. what happened to fighting the best? malli aint a hall of famer but he is atleast a good boxer and at 140. pac is a greatboxer but that doesn't mean he can go up so much weight and still be considered worthy.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I think it's a mismatch to. I'll be surpised if Paulie steps aside.
Paulie should demand a good step aside fee and also to be featured on the undercard of that fight so as to keep himself visible against an opponent that will make him look good and last a guarantee to fight the winner of that fight...

Hatton should focus on the champs at 140 then go on to fight the bigger names.
He could have fought DLH why couldn't he have done this in that case, cause his knees were shaking so bad he couldn't steady himself to sign the contract, but I guess it makes sense DLH would have annialated him, Pac Man is more his size and should make for a better fight...

·
Registered
326 Posts
He could have fought DLH why couldn't he have done this in that case, cause his knees were shaking so bad he couldn't steady himself to sign the contract, but I guess it makes sense DLH would have annialated him, Pac Man is more his size and should make for a better fight...
Dude Hatton's real division is 140, period. We all know what happened when he first tasted 147, he got owned by BUM Collazo ( which was the reason Floyd wanted to fight him @ 147 ) and got a gift from judges. What makes you think he want to got up in weight again ? it is not shaken legs, is being smart

·
Registered
326 Posts
hatton has got the mayweather bug now. he's turning into something which he wasn't. what happened to fighting the best?
:laugh::laugh:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Dude Hatton's real division is 140, period. We all know what happened when he first tasted 147, he got owned by BUM Collazo ( which was the reason Floyd wanted to fight him @ 147 ) and got a gift from judges. What makes you think he want to got up in weight again ? it is not shaken legs, is being smart
I agree. He did get a gift from the judges.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For Hatton to get the Mayweather bug he'd need to retire instead of fighting his #2 guy. :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want to see Hatton abuse the P4P #1 guy. :D

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Baloney ! you mean was his division he was competive at 147 just cause he lost to the very best " PBF " doesn't mean he can't still be competive there, you saw what happen with a rusty Lascano? he came in weak and ate a lot of leather he should have been a man and taken his chances with DLH if any thing I'm sure he would gotten paid a LOT of money for serving as DLH's departing rug, he simply pussied out....don't make excuses for the man...:laugh:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Ricky's last 4 fights might go like this: Paulie, Pacquiao, Torres. JMM. I don't see that as an impossible way to go out unless Holt beats Torres and JMM gets dominated at 135. I jsut hope he doesn't call out Cotto. that would be dumb.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ricky's last 4 fights might go like this: Paulie, Pacquiao, Torres. JMM. I don't see that as an impossible way to go out unless Holt beats Torres and JMM gets dominated at 135. I jsut hope he doesn't call out Cotto. that would be dumb.
His resume is looking fantastic if he stays on course.

Castillo, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Malignaggi. That is very impressive.

Not to mnension who he fights after Paulie. Whether its Torres or Holt or someone like that. I see him fighting Khan in the future too.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Khan will need a victory over Hatton to solidify the rest of his career.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts