Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been talk from Team Hatton that his potential comeback fight will be back down at 140lbs against Paulie Malignaggi, possibly at MSG or could even be in Manchester.

Should Hatton take this fight straight after the defeat to Mayweather? And who do you think will win?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My take:

Malignaggi showed against Cotto he is one tough guy, he can take a good punch and has alot of heart. Malignaggi has a decent jab, has fast hands and is good technically. Hatton may have to turn it into a brawl in order to win, but Malignaggi showed in the fight with Cotto that he can easily be dragged into a brawl. If Hatton rebounds well in this fight, i can see him stopping Malignaggi late on with constant pressure and body punching, but if he is still mentally suffering this could be a tricky fight.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes - I think he needs to get back in the ring as soon as possible and get a win.

At 140, he should get the win, and hopefully getting KO'd will drive him even harder!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope so too. He sounded very determined in the interviews, saying there's no way hes going out on a loss and that he'll be back.

With Hatton, basically the longer he takes to get back the worse it is. If he takes a long break he piles on the lbs and it makes the comeback harder and harder. Come on Hatton, prove your still the best at 140;) I want Witter or Malignaggi!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, he was always determined hehe

I don't think he needs to prove that he's the best at 140 to anyone other than himself now and get a bit more confidence.

I think it would do him a lot of good to stop gaining so much when he is on a break between fights - its not good for a normal person, never mind a professional athlete, but who are we to tell Ricky what to do lol

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I too would like to see Ricky straight bk in there at fight Malignaggi. I believe he will get in there, his hearts unquestionable! Hopefully he can take that and then unify v Witter and close his mouth once and for all.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
paulys 1000 pitter patter punches a round wont faze ricky one little bit, hatton will breeze through him and force a late stoppage IMO.

i fully expect ricky to come back and dominate at 140, id love to see him shut witter up to davies. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd be more inclined to predict a knockout in his comeback...

If he takes it the right way, Hatton will be an animal in the ring, and should have trained his balls off for it!

I'd expect him to be in the best shape of his career for his next fight, and wouldn't care much to be the guy he's up against!!!

I'm going for a mid fight KO/TKO - about round 8 (ish)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i think pauly will have his hands full with Herman Ngoudjo on jan 5th.

that fight could be close although i do favour pauly to pull out a UD by 3 or 4 rounds.

·
Registered
540 Posts
LeedsLad said:
There has been talk from Team Hatton that his potential comeback fight will be back down at 140lbs against Paulie Malignaggi, possibly at MSG or could even be in Manchester.

Should Hatton take this fight straight after the defeat to Mayweather? And who do you think will win?
Hi Leedslad,if this fight comes off,i dont want Joe Cortez as a reff if its in the [email protected] 140lbs i would go for Hatton,long as Joe Cortez has nothing to do with this fight.Malignaggi dose not have many ko on his cv.Hatton should make this fight a war & go on 2 win.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Personally i think hatton should fight witter first in england, then malignaggi at MSG. Its about time ricky fights in his country now. He hasnt thought in england since the maussa fight a few years back. I think he should either fight witter in england or persuade paulie to come over here and fight. Then Retire or try a rematch with matweather in his last fight. At 140 and with a different ref in England

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
sid said:
Hi Leedslad,if this fight comes off,i dont want Joe Cortez as a reff if its in the [email protected] 140lbs i would go for Hatton,long as Joe Cortez has nothing to do with this fight.Malignaggi dose not have many ko on his cv.Hatton should make this fight a war & go on 2 win.
i think its safe to say cortez will never ref another hatton fight again sid. :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
sid said:
Hi Tommy,i dont want cortez 2 reff any of our fighters from the uk now.
cortez ruined hattons biggest fight. He should be sacked

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
tyson said:
Personally i think hatton should fight witter first in england, then malignaggi at MSG. Its about time ricky fights in his country now. He hasnt thought in england since the maussa fight a few years back. I think he should either fight witter in england or persuade paulie to come over here and fight. Then Retire or try a rematch with matweather in his last fight. At 140 and with a different ref in England

Agree i think he should have one fight back in the uk for his fans, but hey shouldnt u have a avatar of Mayweather now? if i remember right u made a bet with Tj?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
someone needs to change their avatar to floyd, i know i remember makin ga bet with someone about this. I didnt charge anyone their points, but i want the avatar changed NOW!!!!!!!:laugh: lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
TommyGunn said:
paulys 1000 pitter patter punches a round wont faze ricky one little bit, hatton will breeze through him and force a late stoppage IMO.

i fully expect ricky to come back and dominate at 140, id love to see him shut witter up to davies. :thumbsup:
I agree with you Tommy. Pauly doesn't have the kind of power to deter Ricky from coming forward. He also seems to forget about defense at times which isn't good against someone who is punching constantly. I do think it would be a very exciting fight though. I like Pauly's skills.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Hatton vs PM is a great fight. I think it should happen and it should happen at MSG. Bring the Brits to NYC so they can see how fans get down and not the rich Hollywood so called fans in Vegas.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.