Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pacquiao vs Hatton In The Works for Nov 8th!

Brad Cooney

Boxing Herald caught up with the 5 division world champion Manny Pacquiao and got his thoughts on his epic performance over David Diaz. Pacquiao informs Boxing Herald that negotiations are taking place for a November 8th date against Ricky Hatton! Check out what else the champ had to say.

BH – Manny thanks for joining us.

MP – Alright, thank you.

BH – Manny this was the best that I have ever seen you look. Give me your thoughts on your performance.

MP – Well I thought I did well. I did my best in that fight, and I worked hard for this fight.

BH – Did David Diaz do anything in the ring that surprised you, or was he any stronger than you thought he would be?

MP – I never underestimated David Diaz, I knew he would be strong. He's a strong guy, and I boxed him. I got in and got out, in and out, I controlled the fight.

BH – You utilized your right hand to perfection in this fight. Were you happy with how you used your right hand? This is a punch that you and Freddie have been working on in the gym.

MP – Yes, we worked hard on the right hand this training camp. We trained hard on the right hand, and I thank Freddie for teaching me a lot about my right hand.

BH – Were you surprised that your right hand was THAT effective?

MP – Well that was our strategy, to use the right hand. We knew that he would be studying my left hand. That's why he was so surprised with my right hand. I threw a lot of hooks, uppercuts, and body shot. That's why he got hurt.

BH – Did you think you were going to knock him out at 135lbs?

MP – Well I am stronger at 135lbs. I was able to use my right hand, and that was key to setting up other punches, and I was able to knock him out.

BH – Do you plan on going up to 140lbs to challenge Ricky Hatton?

MP – There is negotiation about that. It is possible that I will fight Ricky Hatton on November 8th.

BH – So November 8th is the target date for Ricky Hatton?

MP – Yes.

BH – Manny I know you're busy, so I will let you go. Do you have any closing thoughts for your fans?

MP – First I want to thank God for giving me the blessings and the strength. To all of my fans, thank you very much for your support. Without you I am not here, thank you very much for supporting me.

--------------------

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yeah. I think Manny could use a fight or two more at 135 to get better acclimated to the rise in weight. Yeah, he looked amazing, but he can always get more and more comfortable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. I think Manny could use a fight or two more at 135 to get better acclimated to the rise in weight. Yeah, he looked amazing, but he can always get more and more comfortable.
Well said. He was in with a title holder yes but David Diaz although a tough guy is a limited fighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts