Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Huh, interesting. I have no clue how Pacquiao is gonna carry to 135 so I'm gonna sit out on making a prediction.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Pac will KO David inside 8 rounds.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
My impression of Pac is that he's definitely fighting more controlled now, he flurries instead of being ON all the time. I think Freddie Roach has made him a smarter fighter at the expense of some of the rage and excitement he used to fight with. This is probably good for extending his career but there were long lapses during the fight that were almost boring. I think he will do well at 135 but If he's going to "Box" more he needs to develop a better jab, it's virtually non existent, and he jumps in and out too much. That's how Marquez caught him a few times, and is about the only weakness I see in him.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
they didn't waste anytime on setting up pac's next fight did they. From what i've heard Marquez should get a rematch but I doubt they ever fight again since Pac is moving up.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
they didn't waste anytime on setting up pac's next fight did they. From what i've heard Marquez should get a rematch but I doubt they ever fight again since Pac is moving up.
Nope, they gotta run off and sign a fight quickly, so that the demand for a trilogy doesn't gain too much weight. Run, Manny, Run.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree that Pac needs to give JMM a third fight, but i understand why he doesnt want too. JMM is stylistically a nightmare for Pacman.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Marquez I think will always be pac's toughest opponent. but he proves he just a bit to strong and a bit to fast for marquez. Im not against a trilogy but I'd like to see pac go up in weight. Even though he can still make 130, its hurting him badly. You dont put 16 pounds on overnight just because your body can. I think he's stronger at 135.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
What do you think the odds are on Pac pulling an idiot move and going up to 147 and challenging Floyd in December of '09?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Marquez I think will always be pac's toughest opponent. but he proves he just a bit to strong and a bit to fast for marquez. Im not against a trilogy but I'd like to see pac go up in weight. Even though he can still make 130, its hurting him badly. You dont put 16 pounds on overnight just because your body can. I think he's stronger at 135.
They need to fight again.
What do you think the odds are on Pac pulling an idiot move and going up to 147 and challenging Floyd in December of '09?
Floyd beats Pacquiao with one hand and pneumonia.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The cut wasnt ever that bad, it was just in a horrible spot. This fight is basically signed already.

There are actually talks of floyd vs pac at 140. Pac wont go to 147. Floyd would destroy pacquiao. Floyd is marquez on steroids. Yeah imagine.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think last night showed how big the gap is between the #1 and #2 P4P boxer's in thee world. Floyd would counter Pac with right hands all night, and probably knock him out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts