Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was reported in The Vancouver Province that the October 6 clash between Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao and Mexico's Humberto Soto will take place at General Motors Place, an indoor multipurpose venue located in Vancouver, British Columbia in the heart of Canada. The venue capacity is a little over 21,000.

Geoffrey Hughes, a Vancouver businessman who is working with Pacquiao's promoter Top Rank to make the event happen, says the deal is 99.5% done.

"We've almost finalized it. It's 99.5 per cent there," said Hughes. "He [Arum] is negotiating some last-minute items that don't have anything to do with me or with Vancouver. I'm anticipating that we'll be able to go with a firm announcement within the next few days. I'm waiting with bated breath to have Bob say that we can go from just the rumour stage to saying that this is a definite. We're there. Everything indicates that we're going to get it. To be involved with Manny Pacquiao is incredible."

Hughes and his partners expect a huge draw of fans from the Lower Mainland's Filipino community that tops over 100,000 and from other fans living throughout Washington State.

Come on Manny fight JMM/MAB.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
if bobby pacquiao could hurt soto worse than i have ever seen soto hurt, then pacquiao will hurt him sooner, and worse. although the fight wont be as easy as we all think because of the fight between soto and bobby but it will eventually go in manny's favor. i got good news for zab fans though that im starting a thread for.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
he didnt look to motivated on tv. he wasnt smiling very much, was bouncing up and down, he looked sick to be honest and fought like it. He did get the ko win which im glad and it was still a good performance but it wasnt the pac that beat barrera and morales.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Pacquiao was talking about doing a course in accountancy for when hes done boxing. He should just stick to the ring, he'll make enough money from boxing to last him for life if he takes the big fights

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol i dont understand boxewrs, i would love to retire at age 35 and just have the rest of my life to myself and family. if i never had to work or train a day in my life again i would be so very happy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yes but life is much much easier with it. money can buy happiness to an extent. But if you have millions and millions like most of these boxers do, im sure your motivated alot less when you get huge paydays regardless if you win or lose.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts