Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'd like to see it, but Nate doesn't carry the name recognition to make it happen. At this points in Manny's career and with all his options for megafights, even Campbell's belts aren't nearly enough.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Manny Pacquiao VS Nate Campbell

This match I could consider would be the BEST fight will happen both fighters career.
I think it would be a great fight as well, and it is the one fight at 135 that I want to see more than any other.
That kind of comment makes me consider someones knowledge of boxing.
Why?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Sayin pac vs nate campbell is the best fight of eithers career? Maybe for nates, but it wouldnt even be top 5-10 for pacquiao. Nate would have to compete with pacs fights with morales I, II, III, Barrera I, JMM I, JMM II. Theres six fights right there that would have more action and be more competive than a pac vs campbell fight. Add the names and you have the epic 4 possibly best featherweights of all time. Campbell vs Pac would hardly even be remembered on pacs resume if it ever happened.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Sayin pac vs nate campbell is the best fight of eithers career? Maybe for nates, but it wouldnt even be top 5-10 for pacquiao. Nate would have to compete with pacs fights with morales I, II, III, Barrera I, JMM I, JMM II. Theres six fights right there that would have more action and be more competive than a pac vs campbell fight. Add the names and you have the epic 4 possibly best featherweights of all time. Campbell vs Pac would hardly even be remembered on pacs resume if it ever happened.
Yeah, but right now that is the biggest fight that could be made at 135 in terms of belts.
Pacquaio would smack Campbell around. I think Campbell gets beat down by Juan Diaz if they were to fight again.
I think I'd favor Juan, but I'm not quite sure yet. I can't wait to hear who Nate is going to fight next. When guys get old they need to stay active in order to remain effective. It really sucks that Nate lost out on the Guzman fight. I wouldn't be surprised if he looks lackluster much like Mosley did after missing out on the Judah fight.

G

·
This would be a good fight but there are better fights to be made for Pacquiao. And DLH isn't one of them. Campbell wouldn't gain anything by fighting Diaz again, and I think he'd probably lose IMO.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Yeah, but right now that is the biggest fight that could be made at 135 in terms of belts.

I think I'd favor Juan, but I'm not quite sure yet. I can't wait to hear who Nate is going to fight next. When guys get old they need to stay active in order to remain effective. It really sucks that Nate lost out on the Guzman fight. I wouldn't be surprised if he looks lackluster much like Mosley did after missing out on the Judah fight.
Right now, at 135, its possibly the biggest fight, but then pac/marquez III would be at 135 for the ring magazine title, so I'll have to disagree there too. But the dude said career, and that just won't fly with me. Because its just not true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts