Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito (34-4, 24 KOs) and mandatory challenger Paul Williams (32-0, 24 KOs) spoke to reporters today to discuss their long-awaited showdown at The Home Depot Center in Carson, California on July 14. Margaito stated that "the Tijuana Tornado is taking Paul Williams in his path." Williams stated "I plan on stopping Margarito." Regarding the famous sparring session between Margarito and Williams three years ago, Margarito stated that when Williams was asked to continue he refused. Williams said he damaged Margarito's eye and hurt him to the body before Margarito's pulled him out. Margarito is training in Los Angeles, Williams is training in Puerto Rico.

It has also been announced that the winner of this fight will fight the winner of cotto/judah.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Tickets for the July 14 clash between WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito and Paul Williams at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California will go on sale on Tuesday (May 29) at all Ticketmaster outlets and the Home Depot Center Box Office. Seats are $25, $50, $75, $150 and $300. Other significant bouts on the card will feature 2004 Olympic gold medalist Andre Ward (12-0, 7 KOs) in his first 10-round bout, and highly touted heavyweight Cristobal Arreola (20-0, 18 KOs).
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to bad the ward fight wont be televised, havent seen much of him lately. heard he won his last bout though.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smartazz lol i was just stating since i dont think anyone posted him winning his fight that took place like last week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Tickets for the July 14 clash between WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito and Paul Williams at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California will go on sale on Tuesday (May 29) at all Ticketmaster outlets and the Home Depot Center Box Office. Seats are $25, $50, $75, $150 and $300. Other significant bouts on the card will feature 2004 Olympic gold medalist Andre Ward (12-0, 7 KOs) in his first 10-round bout, and highly touted heavyweight Cristobal Arreola (20-0, 18 KOs).

Williams has been looking pretty sharp lately , to bad Margarito has been reading his own press clippings and has been so in active. It would not surprise me at all if Williams ko's Margarita.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
real deal said:
Williams has been looking pretty sharp lately , to bad Margarito has been reading his own press clippings and has been so in active. It would not surprise me at all if Williams ko's Margarita.
tonys been injured since the clottey fight. :confused:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
real deal said:
He had been in acitve even before that fight, come on...you had to know that.;)
because he was trying to make the floyd fight man.

ssm,zab,floyd,oscar,winky were all offered fights and those were regected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
tommygunn said:
because he was trying to make the floyd fight man.

ssm,zab,floyd,oscar,winky were all offered fights and those were regected.
And then he "regects" a fight with Cotto, and it goes on and on... Bottom line is that the dude has been inactive and it was all his own doing ...man.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
real deal said:
And then he "regects" a fight with Cotto, and it goes on and on... Bottom line is that the dude has been inactive and it was all his own doing ...man.
he never regected cotto, he was being accused of avoiding his mando and decided to honor it. the cotto fight is still on once both guys win there respective bouts.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
tysonjones said:
i just hope margarito/cotto happens soon.
arum will make sure this fight happens, both fighters want it to so once margie takes out williams and cotto takes care of zab we have a unification fight.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i cant wait to here you say cotto is underrated after he wins shane, i also cant wait to take more of your points.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Take more? I didn't know you had taken any yet! Check out vbookie. I now know how to work it with the EXACT odds from Sportsbook and it will now be MUCH better! I added 3 or 4 new events as well for your betting pleasure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
Im having Marg in this one. Happy to bet 3k with anybody? And Marg-Cotto would be an all-out awesome war, but i think it could be Zab-Marg;)
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'd take it lad but i already got a bet with tommy going down for 5 k, dont want to risk to much.
 
1 - 20 of 176 Posts
Top