Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The report from boxrec turned out to be correct this time. I wish I was in LA like Gerald. This would be a great fight to attend.

Anyone know how much Margarito is making for this fight?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Well I think we both know the answer to that without even needing to look it up. Something tells me arum will hide the numbers too.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Their first fight was kind of dull to me, I hope he tightens up the screws on Clottey this time, And who is little Cezar Chavez fighting another can, this would be the right time to trow him in there with a known fighter and step it up all ready, how many fights does he have allready about 30.....I think is time to stop the baby sitting no?

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Well in my opinion Clottey is got one hell of a tight defense, which makes him hard to penetrate, even for a non stop puncher like Margarito, I see it going the full twelve in a close deceition either way, I think Clottey has a good chance if he were to let his hand go but he won't.......

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Clottey can beat margarito. I had the first fight a draw. I find clottey's style very exciting and margarito is usually always good to watch. If clottey's hands will hold up, he should win. I'll actually bet on him.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Clottey is one of the most under-rated defensive fighters in the game. He isn't a slick defensive guy like Sweet Pea or anything but he doesn't get tagged much.

I kind of see things going this way in the WW division; CLottey beats Margarito, Cotto wins a title in 1st or second fight back, Cotto margarito 2 goes down with Cotto winning and the we will see Clottey/Cotto in the fall or winter of next year. Just a guess.

G

·
Their first fight was kind of dull to me, I hope he tightens up the screws on Clottey this time, And who is little Cezar Chavez fighting another can, this would be the right time to trow him in there with a known fighter and step it up all ready, how many fights does he have allready about 30.....I think is time to stop the baby sitting no?
He's fighting Vanda again. It's in USA so he'll not have help from the judges, won't be long before he's exposed.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
The report from boxrec turned out to be correct this time. I wish I was in LA like Gerald. This would be a great fight to attend.

Anyone know how much Margarito is making for this fight?
2.5 million I read in La Opinion (Spanish newspaper). This is currently set to take place at Dodger Stadium. That's almost in my back yard.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Now this is a fight I wanna see.

Its a perfect time to settle business and the winner should come out stronger than ever. Its prpbably gonna be a unification bout and I like it.

Also, Clottey's defense and chin are battle-tested so this should be a very good and competitive fight.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Clottey can definitely win but he needs to stay busy all night. Blocking shots won't be enough against Margarito.
No doubt. If Clottey fights the way he fought against Judah in the beginning. Where he just followed him not doing much he's going to lose. And he's going to lose badly

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Clottey has underrated smarts, in the first Margarito fight he started fast throwing combos in the middle of the ring, in the Judah fight he started out slow walking him down and constantly throwing lead rights "He learned from Mayweather".

With that said, I expect Margarito to start faster and not try to box him the early rounds like he did in the first fight, instead Margarito will push him back from round 1 while throwing his punches on Clottey's arms and body and win on points.

G

·
Margarito's confidence will be high after brutally stopping Cotto. Clottey has a tight defense and a solid chin so I expect Margarito's workrate and volume of punches to win him a competitive decision. The Judah fight is irrelevant because Clottey's gameplan will be completely different. This will play put like their last fight with the same result IMO.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Most people believe Vanda beat Chavez Jr. Even the mexican audience pelted the ring when the judges gave it to Chavez Jr and they booed Sr. Vanda is simply the better fighter so this is the end of Chavez Jr winning streak IMO.

No doubt. If Clottey fights the way he fought against Judah in the beginning. Where he just followed him not doing much he's going to lose. And he's going to lose badly
Still sore about Zab's defeat? :laugh: I told ya my boy Clottey would come out on top. But you're right there were rounds where Clottey did almost nothing and I was forced to give them to Judah.

Clottey has underrated smarts, in the first Margarito fight he started fast throwing combos in the middle of the ring, in the Judah fight he started out slow walking him down and constantly throwing lead rights "He learned from Mayweather".

With that said, I expect Margarito to start faster and not try to box him the early rounds like he did in the first fight, instead Margarito will push him back from round 1 while throwing his punches on Clottey's arms and body and win on points.
Hell yeah Clottey watched Floyd/Zab more than once. Clottey's only shot against Margarito is to land the more explosive/cleaner punches and block most of Margarito's. Easier said than done.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Clottey can beat margarito. I had the first fight a draw. I find clottey's style very exciting and margarito is usually always good to watch. If clottey's hands will hold up, he should win. I'll actually bet on him.
I'll take that action I got Margarito what's the $$$$$

He's fighting Vanda again. It's in USA so he'll not have help from the judges, won't be long before he's exposed.
Who is that guy is he any good , he must have given him a tough time the first time I guess, but it's time for this boy to man up no?

2.5 million I read in La Opinion (Spanish newspaper). This is currently set to take place at Dodger Stadium. That's almost in my back yard.
Now all you need is a ladder:laugh:

Now this is a fight I wanna see.

Its a perfect time to settle business and the winner should come out stronger than ever. Its prpbably gonna be a unification bout and I like it.

Also, Clottey's defense and chin are battle-tested so this should be a very good and competitive fight.
Yes it should ,the stakes are high on this one no doudt,neither one can afford to put forth any thing less than 100%

Clottey can definitely win but he needs to stay busy all night. Blocking shots won't be enough against Margarito.
Yeah he's great at becoming a shield but not particularly spectacular at trowing punches, he defenetly needs to step up the punching out put on this one, otherwise he'll be the eternal trial horse...

Margarito's confidence will be high after brutally stopping Cotto. Clottey has a tight defense and a solid chin so I expect Margarito's workrate and volume of punches to win him a competitive decision. The Judah fight is irrelevant because Clottey's gameplan will be completely different. This will play put like their last fight with the same result IMO.
He needs to do what he forgot the last time they met and that is to trow a lot of jabs, they were none existant then, he needs to step it up and keep winning if he wants imortality.....

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is a rematch against a guy who almost beat him.
Chavez sucks, and I hope he loses.
So, Margarito rejected $4 million to fight Williams, but he is going to fight Clottey for $2.5 million. The De La Hoya excuse is now thrown out the window, and Margarito has officially ducked Paul Williams. Thank you for the information, Gerald.

I'm rolling with Clottey to win and the judges give it to Margarito.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Most people believe Vanda beat Chavez Jr. Even the mexican audience pelted the ring when the judges gave it to Chavez Jr and they booed Sr. Vanda is simply the better fighter so this is the end of Chavez Jr winning streak IMO.

Still sore about Zab's defeat? :laugh: I told ya my boy Clottey would come out on top. But you're right there were rounds where Clottey did almost nothing and I was forced to give them to Judah.

Hell yeah Clottey watched Floyd/Zab more than once. Clottey's only shot against Margarito is to land the more explosive/cleaner punches and block most of Margarito's. Easier said than done.
Before you start feeling sorry for Vanda try watching his fight with unheralded Sam Garr. Garr beat the hell out of Vanda but Vanda took a hometown decision. Even his homies were booing him

1 - 20 of 50 Posts