3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched
1-Margarito VS Cintron 1
2-Margarito VS Cintron 2
3-Margarito VS Clottey
And
Margarito VS Cotto
Margarito is not a B Level boxer He is at best a C level boxer.
But he is an A++++++++++++++ level punching bag
And a B level puncher.
He has ZERO defensive skills the only reason he wins is because of his heavy weight chin. He is the classic no sorry he is the definition of a hard headed Mexican.
OHH and he also has very good to great stamina.
Take away his chin and he would be a sparing partner at best.
All this said
If he can avoid going the distance with any good boxer he will win a few more fights.
I don’t think any other WW can take a punch like he can.
I am not a fan of his but you have to respect his best talent and that’s being able to take a punch.
I have Margarito loosing to all of the top fighters by D.
I have Margarito beating all of the top fighters By KO

BTW he is a A level FIGHTER.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I just watched
1-Margarito VS Cintron 1
2-Margarito VS Cintron 2
3-Margarito VS Clottey
And
Margarito VS Cotto
Margarito is not a B Level boxer He is at best a C level boxer.
But he is an A++++++++++++++ level punching bag
And a B level puncher.
He has ZERO defensive skills the only reason he wins is because of his heavy weight chin. He is the classic no sorry he is the definition of a hard headed Mexican.
OHH and he also has very good to great stamina.
Take away his chin and he would be a sparing partner at best.
All this said
If he can avoid going the distance with any good boxer he will win a few more fights.
I don’t think any other WW can take a punch like he can.
I am not a fan of his but you have to respect his best talent and that’s being able to take a punch.
I have Margarito loosing to all of the top fighters by D.
I have Margarito beating all of the top fighters By KO

BTW he is a A level FIGHTER.
I agree with what I bolded.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
A level fighter, D level boxer. Like Dave said if you give him an average chin, he's just an average participant in the sport of boxing.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
He can fight, thats about it, the sport is called boxing, and his boxing skills are limited. He's does quite well with what he has. But when you average it all out. I just can't see him being A Class in the sport of boxing.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
The only reason that guy is anywhere near A level is because of his ability to not get hurt.
Agreed. I just picture him as a more skilled carlos baldomir with some power. And baldomir is a low level b class fighter at the most. For someone to be great imo, they have to be great in more than 2 categories.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Margarito is an A level fighter. No doubts.

Maybe he's not sweet, he cant really outbox his opponents, but he can win fights, and thats all that matters in the end. Everyone that fights in this sport, may be called a boxer, so he's an A-level boxer (as for boxing-player). His ability to box and move is C-level though

He has a formidable chin, will and stamina. Decent punching power and decent ability to cut off the ring. His handspeed is average or slightly below and his defense is crude.

If he is a great boxer or not, we shall find out. time will tell

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The only reason that guy is anywhere near A level is because of his ability to not get hurt.
That goes for any fighter. You take away Mayweather's speed and he's average. You take away Pavlik's power and he's average. Take away Hopkins smarts and he's average. Margarito can't box. That's true. But he doesn't need to. He still wins. And that's what it's all about. Winning.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Call him what you will. Pick him apart all you want. He'll STILL Mkick the asses pof any 147 er that'll get in the ring with him whether theyre A,B or C lol

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
He can fight, thats about it, the sport is called boxing, and his boxing skills are limited. He's does quite well with what he has. But when you average it all out. I just can't see him being A Class in the sport of boxing.
It's a hurting business though. The ability to dish out and take punishment is a big part of the game. A level doesn't mean he has a lot of skills it just means he's world class. You gotta give him credit for beating Cotto. It wasn't a fluke. Margarito is #1 or #2 on everyone's top 10 welterweight list so if he isn't A class then what about the rest of division?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a hurting business though. The ability to dish out and take punishment is a big part of the game. A level doesn't mean he has a lot of skills it just means he's world class. You gotta give him credit for beating Cotto. It wasn't a fluke. Margarito is #1 or #2 on everyone's top 10 welterweight list so if he isn't A class then what about the rest of division?
simple the rest of the division can out box him. if they have the stamina.
he has one thing going for him and thats his chin.

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
You Cant just have a great chin and do well in boxing, Look at all the bums who never get knocked out but lose around 30 fights

Margarito has some of the best determination in his fights ive seen, alot of people could not keep going forward through them punches even if they had a great chin, his stamina is great which take alot of hard work.

Margarito has alot more to him than just a hard chin.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
That goes for any fighter. You take away Mayweather's speed and he's average. You take away Pavlik's power and he's average. Take away Hopkins smarts and he's average. Margarito can't box. That's true. But he doesn't need to. He still wins. And that's what it's all about. Winning.
Got that right. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 251 Posts