Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who ya got?

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah I'm a Mosley fan. You all know that, but who do you think would win if they fought tomorrow? Really think about this. Don't just vote Margarito because you hate Floyd or because he beat Cotto. Margarito beat Cotto because he was able to slow him down and hurt him both mentally and more importantly, physically. I don't think he'd be able to do that with a completely focused Shane Mosley. If you are going to vote you must comment with legit reasoning. Any votes that do not come with reasoning will not be counted.
-Shane

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Shane Mosley, by decision. He knows what it takes to outbox a guy like Margarito, he has experience on that. Skill and speed also on his side
Unlike Cotto, hes not gonna fade, hes not goinna get caught with so many shots.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shane Mosley, by decision. He knows what it takes to outbox a guy like Margarito, he has experience on that. Skill and speed also on his side
Unlike Cotto, hes not gonna fade, hes not goinna get caught with so many shots.
I agree completely. Don't forget to vote!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Shane Mosley without a doubt. Margarito couldnt hurt him. Mosley would do what Cotto did for the first 6 rounds for 12 rounds and still be able to go 12 more.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I don't think Margarito will be able to hurt Mosley. He'll try to outwork him but Mosley won't be a sitting duck. The only thing that helped Margarito beat Cotto was the difference in punch resistance. Mosley's chin and body are more solid than Cotto's and he got the skills to make Margarito Pay everytime he misses. The only thing that worries me is Mosley's tendency to lose his composure when facing a guy that he can't hurt but I think he will get more confident as the fight goes on because of how easily he will land flush on Margarito.
Mosley UD

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TysonJones;162373[B said:
]Shane Mosley without a doubt. Margarito couldnt hurt him. Mosley would do what Cotto did for the first 6 rounds for 12 rounds[/B] and still be able to go 12 more.
Correct. Now, do you think Margarito will ever fight him? I don't.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Correct. Now, do you think Margarito will ever fight him? I don't.
Hell no he won't and we know it. I dont care what all the margy fans say. Margarito will carefully choose his opposition from now on to remain at the top for as long as possible. I loss against a 36-37 year old mosley will terribly hurt his weak excuse of a legacy. He knows this, I know this. Mosley to fast, enough power to keep margarito thinking, great stamina, and the biggest thing most margarito opponents dont have, a great mentality.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell no he won't and we know it. I dont care what all the margy fans say. Margarito will carefully choose his opposition from now on to remain at the top for as long as possible. I loss against a 36-37 year old mosley will terribly hurt his weak excuse of a legacy. He knows this, I know this. Mosley to fast, enough power to keep margarito thinking, great stamina, and the biggest thing most margarito opponents dont have, a great mentality.
Yep yep yep. Mosely all day long.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Right now, Margarito. In his prime I would favor Mosley. But his prime days are over. Mosley doesn't box like he use to any more. And that might have to do with his age. He tends to rely on more on his power. And I don't think his power can hurt Margarito. Mosley always had a great chin. So I don't see him getting stopped. And there's no way he will ever quit. He will be competitive and will win some rounds. But I see Margarito imposing his will on him and out working him. Margarito by UD. 8 rounds to 4.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Right now, Margarito. In his prime I would favor Mosley. But his prime days are over. Mosley doesn't box like he use to any more. And that might have to do with his age. He tends to rely on more on his power. And I don't think his power can hurt Margarito. Mosley always had a great chin. So I don't see him getting stopped. And there's no way he will ever quit. He will be competitive and will win some rounds. But I see Margarito imposing his will on him and out working him. Margarito by UD. 8 rounds to 4.
Margarito will do a "Cotto" on him Beat him like a red headed step child

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Althoug Mr Mosley is a class act and posseses the cojons DLH should, he's way past his prime, he was pasted all night by Cotto , he took shots from him that he wouln'd have 2 years ago, as much as I like him I won't be blind to the fact that he has difficulties with tall rangie fighters,or the power to stop them on their tracks, while he still may retain some of his speed and skills it would serve him well to survive most of the fight, but if the Mosley that fought Cotto shows up to fight the Margarito that destroyed Cotto, you all ready know my answer.........

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
In his prime Mosley would smoke Margarito, but i think Margarito would have the edge if they fought today. Mosley is past his best and his speed has declined, Cotto's handspeed didn't seem to far away from Mosley's and Margarito handled that pretty well. I think Mosley would spend too much time trading rather boxing, and get beaten by decision.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think Mosley might still have enough left to decsion Margarito. But it won't be easy

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what Mosley has left after his grueling fight with Cotto that was a razor thin decision in my eyes. I guess we'll find out, at least to a small extent, in two weeks. Not that Mayorga is the perfect way to measure where a guy is at in his career. Mayorga definitely isn't Margarito either. He has that one punch power, but how many times can he take the big punches, keep coming forward, and unloading big shots before he wears out. This fight would be somewhat hard to call for me, but I'm leaning toward Mosley. I do think Mosley's speed of hand and foot, even at this point in time, would still give Margarito problems. I think Margarito could take Mosley's best shots, because he seems to be able to take anyone's. Wlad's jabs probably wouldn't make him budge. Would Mosley wilt under his constant pressure the way Cotto did? I really don't think so, but it's hard to say. He has the better legs, so his movement won't wear him down as much as he's trying to stay clear of mounting damage and he can still stand and trade when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Margarito ain't like that. Arum is. Let me remind you that Margarito fought Williams when he could have made more bucks against Cotto. How can you defend Floyd and call Margarito a handpicker? They are both chasing the $$$.

G

·
It would probably be better to make a decision after the Mayorga fight but as I've said before I'd go with Mosley because of his handspeed, footwork and stamina. His style is all wrong for a guy like Margarito, I think it would be around 8-4/7-5 (unless Mosely has declined since Cotto).

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Margarito will do a "Cotto" on him Beat him like a red headed step child
What is it with you and red headed children?

Margarito ain't like that. Arum is. Let me remind you that Margarito fought Williams when he could have made more bucks against Cotto. How can you defend Floyd and call Margarito a handpicker? They are both chasing the $$$.
I dont defend floyd as much as you think. If you could give me an example, I could elaborate. Yes, they are both chasing money. My point is exactly, but taking on an easier opponent for about half tells me enough. Mayweather has never declined an offer unless there was another HIGHER offer.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It would probably be better to make a decision after the Mayorga fight but as I've said before I'd go with Mosley because of his handspeed, footwork and stamina. His style is all wrong for a guy like Margarito, I think it would be around 8-4/7-5 (unless Mosely has declined since Cotto).
Mosley doesn't rely on his hand speed and foot work like he use to. He's more power minded these days. And I think Margarito stamina is equal to Mosley's if not better.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts