Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

margarito to defend against williams.

2K views 37 replies 6 participants last post by  TommyGunn 
#1 ·
tonys manager has confirmed he will be fighting paul williams as planned.

tony never wanted to relinquish his title in the first place it was top rank that were making the plans.

margarito will fight williams as planned then cotto in october.

the most ducked fighter in the world steps up big time here.supposed p4p best fighters should stop crying after fights about respect and take note.

#2 ·
Theres something i like about Margarito. Hes seems a true warrior. He has had quite a hard career losing some fights and not geting the big fights. Now is his chance. Williams is a huge name at welterwieght at the moment but i dont think he will get past antonoio. Cotto is a terrific fighter and i wouldnt like to say who would win this one. Hopefully Margarito.

#3 ·
what most people dont know about margarito is he hasn't lost at welterweight since he was 17 years old nearly 11 years ago. the only fight he's lost was at light middle against daniel santos. in the santos fight tony was stopped on cuts with there only being 1 point in the fight, tony was dominating that fight when it was stopped and if he was let continue he would actualy have won the fight.

#5 ·
tyson said:
yes i like his style. agresive but can also see great boxing skills there. a real talent in the sport and could be a real champion at welterweight.
LOL. i wouldn't accuse tony of having great skill's id say underated. he has a good solid jab and he puts his punches together better than people think. his main stenghs are his power size and strengh, along with a great work rate and a granite chin.

#6 ·
tommygunn said:
LOL. i wouldn't accuse tony of having great skill's id say underated. he has a good solid jab and he puts his punches together better than people think. his main stenghs are his power size and strengh, along with a great work rate and a granite chin.
i think mayweather would be too quick for margie though. dont like all the romurs hes running

#7 ·
tyson said:
i think mayweather would be too quick for margie though. dont like all the romurs hes running
floyd is definatly running. before floyd was signed to fight zab he was offered a career high purse of $8m to fight tony which was flat refused. remember zab had just lost to baldomir so this fight was proving nothing. the offer was then made again before the floyd v baldomir fight and it was refused again.

#8 ·
Williams all the way
easy work for paul

But I hope after this fight he moves up in weight to fight guys his own size and stop being a punk fighting smaller guys.
This is another fight I would like to see a weigh-in no more then 2 hours before the fight.

#9 ·
tommygunn said:
floyd is definatly running. before floyd was signed to fight zab he was offered a career high purse of $8m to fight tony which was flat refused. remember zab had just lost to baldomir so this fight was proving nothing. the offer was then made again before the floyd v baldomir fight and it was refused again.
sorry ii dont agree with that. So he didnt fight argarito. big deal. Zab judah was a very big name in the states even after the loss to baldo. Floyd isnt ducking. He has beat the best there is. became 4 weight world champion. Got the name p4p best in the world by many people including myself. Now fighting de la hoya and has been talking about a fight with ricky hatton. That isnt ducking.

#10 ·
This is awesome news. I was really hoping to se this fight. WOW, this should be a great action fight. I like paul by decision, or *possibly* a late round KO. I cant even fathom the number of punches that are going to be thrown in this fight, lol.

#13 ·
The samething that happened to Judah befor his fight with Mayweather will happen to Margarito. He will enter his October fight against Cotto without a belt. Williams will win this fight like Dawson won his.

#14 ·
prettyboywho said:
The samething that happened to Judah befor his fight with Mayweather will happen to Margarito. He will enter his October fight against Cotto without a belt. Williams will win this fight like Dawson won his.
what in your opinion gives williams the advatage. :confused:

#15 ·
Its simple im not going to go into who hits harder or who is the fastest. Im going to base this off of whos time it is to shine. And its Williams's time to shine. Just like it was Dawsons time.

#16 ·
prettyboywho said:
Its simple im not going to go into who hits harder or who is the fastest. Im going to base this off of whos time it is to shine. And its Williams's time to shine. Just like it was Dawsons time.
thats not an answer. williams time to shine:confused: what does that have to do with how he can win the fight.

#17 ·
We have discussed this time and time again about how he can win the fight. What im saying now is he can win the fight based on his talent and also based on the fact that its his time.

#18 ·
prettyboywho said:
We have discussed this time and time again about how he can win the fight. What im saying now is he can win the fight based on his talent and also based on the fact that its his time.
have you even seen margarito fight. :confused:

#20 ·
prettyboywho said:
Yea and I wasnt impressed by his last fight. If he was fighting a world class fighter in that fight he would have lost.
you obviously have no knowledge of clottey because he's a world class fighter!!!

#21 ·
Are you serious. So you are telling me that Clottey should be in fights with Mayweather and Cotto And Hatton. You are telling me that those are fights that you would want to see and you think other people want to see. He deserves to fight the at the top level and top level fighters????

#22 ·
prettyboywho said:
Are you serious. So you are telling me that Clottey should be in fights with Mayweather and Cotto And Hatton. You are telling me that those are fights that you would want to see and you think other people want to see. He deserves to fight the at the top level and top level fighters????
thats egsactly what im saying. clottey has all those fights ahead of him. he proved this when he brutalized baldomir.

#23 ·
Ok im not even going to comment on that. When he beats a elite fighter then I will give him some props. But I seriously doubt that he will even get to fight the elite fighters. But I am looking forward to seeing him on ESPN where he belongs.

#24 ·
prettyboywho said:
Ok im not even going to comment on that. When he beats a elite fighter then I will give him some props. But I seriously doubt that he will even get to fight the elite fighters. But I am looking forward to seeing him on ESPN where he belongs.
so your saying clottey in no more than an ESPN fighter? go back to sleep man.

#26 ·
prettyboywho said:
lol im wide awake. Im saying that at best he is a Shobox or a B.A.D fighter
"i look forward to seeing him on ESPN where he belongs"

those were your words.

sometimes in defeat a fighter can prove they are worthy off great things. i heard guys saying the same thing about collazo that your saying about clottey. LOL

and we all know who collazo is fighting next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.