1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEWS FLASH
Cintron-Margarito signed
!

A rematch between IBF welterweight champion Kermit Cintron and former WBO titleholder Antonio Margarito has been signed for the Miguel Cotto-Alphonso Gomez card planned for April in New York City. Should Cotto beat Gomez, the winner of Cintron-Margarito will likely face Cotto in July.
Friday, January 25 2008

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
It will be Magarito v Cotto in July then. Margarito's chin is just as good as that last guy Cintron fought, and will make Cintron pay if he gases in this fight.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I rather see Margarito-Judah. I think it would of been a more competitive fight. Margarito-Cintron 2 will have the same outcome as the first one. I don't see what Cintron can do that would make things diffrent.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I'd rather see Margarito/Cintron than Margarito/Judah. Zab shouldn't be fighting any top welter at this stage of his career. I don't see how Kermit could possibly hurt Margy and his he has trouble with fighters who are up in his face (like Feliciano) so I'm expecting an early stoppage for Margy. If Kermit goes toe to toe he's done, if he tries to outbox Margy...well even a slick fighter like Williams couldn't keep him at bay for the whole fight. Margarito TKO 6-8.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had read that the proposed Margarito vs Judah fight was in jeopardy as Bob Arum allegedly offered Zab a low fee for the fight.

Looks like Cintron is going to get what he wanted - another hiding from Margarito.:)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I heard this last night and got really pissed off. I really don't care to see Margarito-Cintron II. I would much rather have seen how Margarito would have adapted to Zab's different attributes.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Neither fighter would beat Margarito but Cintron is the beter fighter out of him and Zab, his games vastly improved under Steward but he still loses here.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I disagree and think Zab would put up a much better fight. Margarito can beat guys that fight somewhat similar to him. He would have trouble with someone like Zab, but I would still pick Margarito. I just would rather see a style matchup like Judah-Margarito.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I still think its a real b*tch move by Kermit to proclaim injury to duck Williams, and then take the Margarito fight.
Margy will probably beat him down again, and deservedly so. Thats what he gets.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I still think its a real b*tch move by Kermit to proclaim injury to duck Williams, and then take the Margarito fight.
Margy will probably beat him down again, and deservedly so. Thats what he gets.
Yeah I forgot what his excuse was for the whole thing, but I think he said something about the date not working for him or whatever.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup yup. cintron definately pulled a [email protected]#h move in regards to fighting williams. after all the bs they tried goosen STILL was willing to make the fight by pushing the date back to late march. but, of course team cintron put on their dancing shoes:rolleyes:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they have to like their chances of beating margarito better than they like their chances against williams. i think manny sees something, and thinks he can get cintron past margarito. i'll say that if cintron manages to beat margarito his confidence will be through the roof. which could lead to him becoming a better fighter because of this.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
they have to like their chances of beating margarito better than they like their chances against williams. i think manny sees something, and thinks he can get cintron past margarito. i'll say that if cintron manages to beat margarito his confidence will be through the roof. which could lead to him becoming a better fighter because of this.
I dont beleive that Mark, they cant think that after the beating he took in the first fight, IMHO its a pride thing with Kermit here.

Ive shot him this email.

Hey Champ.

Im hearing a lot of members over at Boxingforum.com saying that you played up to your injury to get out of the Williams fight...Personaly i rate Margarito higher than Williams and thought he was evidently showing signs of ring rust in the early stages of that fight, i also think Margarito is a fight you feel you have to take (that takes guts). can you clear up exactly what happened with your withdrawal from the PW fight?

1 - 20 of 167 Posts