Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

margarito vs judah in jeopardy

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Icantbox 
#1 ·
it looks like this fight may not happen due to arum putting up an "insulting offer" to team judah. they're currently looking for an opponent to fight on the same date as the proposed ppv card. this may have something to do with judah becoming a promotional free agent yesterday.

#10 ·
Bob Arum has made millions and millions out of boxing and he should realise that sometimes you just need to pay to put great fights on.

Nobody says these two are the best Welterweights in the World but plenty will tune in to see what happens so the fight will make money.

Bob and Don King seemed to be slipping into the background and headed towards retirement but now De La Hoya and HBO have raised the game for boxing they are both making comebacks - now thats what I call a 'seniors tour'.:)

#14 ·
NEWS FLASH
Cintron-Margarito signed!

A rematch between IBF welterweight champion Kermit Cintron and former WBO titleholder Antonio Margarito has been signed for the Miguel Cotto-Alphonso Gomez card planned for April in New York City. Should Cotto beat Gomez, the winner of Cintron-Margarito will likely face Cotto in July.
Friday, January 25 2008

#15 ·
This is awesome!!:thumbsup: Much better then Magarito-Judah. Judah is 2-3-1 in his last 6 fights and his wins are against bottom tier fighters. He better get used to the fact that unless he comes back with some wins against a little bigger names, he is not going to make the money he is used to making.

I got Margarito by KO, again!:D

#17 ·
Yeah I agree, Judah would be in a desperate position to keep his career alive and would have to put up one hell of a performance to beat a guy who's taller, busier and hits a lot harder. Then again he probably felt it was to much to overcome and used the money as an excuse?

#18 ·
Great news. I'm glad that we as boxing fans are going to see the fight that should have been. (Well actually it should have been Williams Cintron, but whatever)

I'm more excited to see this match than Margy vs Judah, I know that. Looks like Paul Williams is gonna be on the outside, which sucks for him. Cintron is playing duck, dodge and hide, and unless Margy wins, Paul wont want to fight him again.

#24 ·
How about Kostya comes back for one more fight and makes Zab dance again? That is the last entertaining thing I remember Zab doing. Well other than complaining about the pain in his pecker during the Cotto fight, that was funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.