Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An agreement has been reached out of court between Top Rank and Goossen Tutor to stage the mandatory title defense of WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito against #1 rated Paul Williams in June, probably at a venue in California. The date will be determined, but June 9 and June 23 are already planned for other big Top Rank cards. There are plans to match the winner of the winner of Margarito-Williams with the winner of Cotto-Judah in the fall.
Saturday, March 31 2007

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Hmmm...I don't see this fight having too much of a draw outside of us hardcore boxing fans :) I got williams winning this one, if not and Cotto does the expected (although I'm weary) against Zab then Cotto will do a number on Margarito.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Hmmm...I don't see this fight having too much of a draw outside of us hardcore boxing fans :) I got williams winning this one, if not and Cotto does the expected (although I'm weary) against Zab then Cotto will do a number on Margarito.
i agree on the 1st part about us boxing fans
yesterday at work in the Employe dinning room i was talkin about the mayweathre de la hoya fight and he was sayin alotta bs and i could tell he didnt know much about the sport. he was sayin mayweather is the best in walterweight then zab then carlos baldi, then gatti!!!!
HAHAHA
then i told him about paul williams and margaritto, citron and the guy didnt know who i was talking about.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I don't see any of them beating Margarito. Williams will give him the best fight but will lose. Cotto don't have a good enough chin to last if they fought. And I won't even comment on the heartless Judah.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
PosterBoy702 said:
i agree on the 1st part about us boxing fans
yesterday at work in the Employe dinning room i was talkin about the mayweathre de la hoya fight and he was sayin alotta bs and i could tell he didnt know much about the sport. he was sayin mayweather is the best in walterweight then zab then carlos baldi, then gatti!!!!
HAHAHA
then i told him about paul williams and margaritto, citron and the guy didnt know who i was talking about.
Sadly enough that's how it is bro. It's more suprising to me for you to run into that because you're out in Vegas. And damn June is gonna be one hell of a month for boxing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts