Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fight for the WBC heavyweight world championship between world champion Oleg Maskaev and interim world champion Samuel Peter will be held at Madison Square Garden in New York City on February 2, 2008, as per the official statement of Don King Productions. The promotion rights for this fight were won by Don King Productions with an offer of $3,107,000.00, of which 55% will be for Maskaev and 45% for Samuel Peter. This title bout had originally been scheduled for October 6 at Madison Square Garden, but it was postponed due to Oleg Maskaev’s injury, who had been inactive for the previous 10 months. The WBC elected Samuel Peter as interim champion after his two victories over James Toney in final eliminations bouts. Peter defended the title with a decision victory over Jameel McCline, who had been approved as a voluntary challenger to save the date an unfreeze the title. The winner and undisputed WBC heavyweight champion must defend next against the WBC Emeritus Champion Vitali Klitschko, which shall be ratified at the 45th Convention to be held in Manila, Philippines, from November 11-17.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Boring, why cant we see i fight like Wlad vs Peters or Wlad vs Chagaev that would be fights id like to see.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at least we'll get to see a ko in this fight.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Brutus said:
Boring, why cant we see i fight like Wlad vs Peters or Wlad vs Chagaev that would be fights id like to see.
they have to fight being maskaev is the "real champ" sort of speak. hopefully, no injuries happen and this fight can be over and done with.

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
BigDigga said:
they have to fight being maskaev is the "real champ" sort of speak. hopefully, no injuries happen and this fight can over and done with.

He is the real champ! I'm tired of the organization pulling belts from guys who haven't lost it in the ring. Peter will have to prove he can beat Maskaev before he is champ and then the winner loses to Vitali.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vitali Rules said:
He is the real champ! I'm tired of the organization pulling belts from guys who haven't lost it in the ring. Peter will have to prove he can beat Maskaev before he is champ and then the winner loses to Vitali.
Who is Vitali? That guy doesnt even box anymore. How he gonna beat someone while standing in his brothers corner.

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Who is Vitali? That guy doesnt even box anymore. How he gonna beat someone while standing in his brothers corner.

Former Champion and will destroy either of these chumps. Come on do you really think that Peter could stand up to Vitali punches. McCline is not a KO artist and he knock peter down three times and Vitali would probably win every round with his Jab. Don't forget Vitali is a very good boxer with a hell of a lot of power.That is who Vitali is.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vitali Rules said:
Former Champion and will destroy either of these chumps. Come on do you really think that Peter could stand up to Vitali punches. McCline is not a KO artist and he knock peter down three times and Vitali would probably win every round with his Jab. Don't forget Vitali is a very good boxer with a hell of a lot of power.That is who Vitali is.
Peter stood up to his brothers punch and he hits harder. Do you think after not fighting for what2 or 3 years now. He could come back and beat Peter? I wasnt even gonna pick him in the fight he just pulled out of. He'll never fight again . HE'S FINISHED

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Peter stood up to his brothers punch and he hits harder. Do you think after not fighting for what2 or 3 years now. He could come back and beat Peter? I wasnt even gonna pick him in the fight he just pulled out of. He'll never fight again . HE'S FINISHED

Then you really don't know boxing then. He has been sparring the whole time I know sparring isn't the same but he has been in excellent shape since retiring. His body is more healthy now the back was a small thing considering how damaged his legs were from kickboxing early in his life. Vlad doesn't have more power than Vitali that is just pure fantasy. Also Peter was almost out in the 12 agaisnt Vlad. Also before you say it I know Vlad was down three times in the fight. I'm a Vitali Klitschko fan and of course he could come back and beat Peter. Peter is a joke he is a hyped up version of David Tua without Tua's talent. Vitali has a iron chin and iron fists but you will see next year in the summer when they fight.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Vitali Rules said:
vitali will have to show that he can actually get through a training camp without getting injured. i mean he has dropped out of 5 consecutive bouts.

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
BigDigga said:
vitali will have to show that he can actually get through a training camp without getting injured. i mean he has dropped out of 5 consecutive bouts.

Yes I know the back was a new injury that was unexpected his knees were not. He had suffered much damage to his legs from kickboxing and these have healed now. The back is a small set back and he will show his abilities when he gets in the ring.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vitali Rules said:
Then you really don't know boxing then. He has been sparring the whole time I know sparring isn't the same but he has been in excellent shape since retiring. His body is more healthy now the back was a small thing considering how damaged his legs were from kickboxing early in his life. Vlad doesn't have more power than Vitali that is just pure fantasy. Also Peter was almost out in the 12 agaisnt Vlad. Also before you say it I know Vlad was down three times in the fight. I'm a Vitali Klitschko fan and of course he could come back and beat Peter. Peter is a joke he is a hyped up version of David Tua without Tua's talent. Vitali has a iron chin and iron fists but you will see next year in the summer when they fight.
Hes not fighting next summer HE'S FINISHED. And if they did fight Peter would ko him in 5.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BigDigga said:
THANK YOU AGAIN BIGDIGGA

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Hes not fighting next summer HE'S FINISHED. And if they did fight Peter would ko him in 5.
So with your expert knowledge tell me how Peter KO's him in 5 rds. See I'm going off of boxing knowledge you are just throwing out crap. Klitschko has a huge reach advantage, has more power, has better boxing skills and throws more crisp power shots. Peter throws alot of out of control whipping shots and he will caught by alot of Vitali straight rights which will KO him. By the way remember Vitali has never been down in a fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vitali Rules said:
So with your expert knowledge tell me how Peter KO's him in 5 rds. See I'm going off of boxing knowledge you are just throwing out crap. Klitschko has a huge reach advantage, has more power, has better boxing skills and throws more crisp power shots. Peter throws alot of out of control whipping shots and he will caught by alot of Vitali straight rights which will KO him. By the way remember Vitali has never been down in a fight.
Im going off of knowledge trust me. Tell me when Vitali last fought. And in the last 3 fights that Peter hade when have you seen him throw wild punches. And he didnt do it that much previously. But please tell me when he last fought.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
peter has improved a lot since he fought wlad. i think you can chalk his last performance up to switching opponents late. that can be tricky for fighters to deal with. vitali will have his opportunities to show what he has left to offer. he'd be wise to take a tune up before fighting a top tier hw.

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Im going off of knowledge trust me. Tell me when Vitali last fought. And in the last 3 fights that Peter hade when have you seen him throw wild punches. And he didnt do it that much previously. But please tell me when he last fought.

He threw wild punches agaisnt the great knock down artist McCline. Yes his skills have gotten better but he still is more of a hack than a true boxer. He didn't do it much before that have you seen his fights he was out of control most of the time never throwing straight shots. Oh and please tell me you are not impressed with this guy cause he beat up a steroided up Middleweight. Toney was shot and he beat him 1 out of 2.Oh by the way Vitali last fight was in 2004 agaisnt Danny Williams which means he will be rusty but also refreshed and will beat Peter.

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
BigDigga said:
peter has improved a lot since he fought wlad. i think you can chalk his last performance up to switching opponents late. that can be tricky for fighters to deal with. vitali will have his opportunities to show what he has left to offer. he'd be wise to take a tune up before fighting a top tier hw.

I understand your point but you would think that he would have trained harder for maskaev and McCline would have been a much easier fight. Also McCline isn't cnsidered to be a KO fighter so how was he able to turn Peter in to a glass jaw fighter.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vitali Rules said:
He threw wild punches agaisnt the great knock down artist McCline. Yes his skills have gotten better but he still is more of a hack than a true boxer. He didn't do it much before that have you seen his fights he was out of control most of the time never throwing straight shots. Oh and please tell me you are not impressed with this guy cause he beat up a steroided up Middleweight. Toney was shot and he beat him 1 out of 2.Oh by the way Vitali last fight was in 2004 agaisnt Danny Williams which means he will be rusty but also refreshed and will beat Peter.
I dont care about the Toney fights. And yes I thought Toney won the first fight also. And I never said he was a true boxer. But he is much better than he was befor. Vitalis last fight was in 2004 IF he fights again it wont be till 2008. 4 years between fights and you think he gonna come in and destroy a fighter who has been fighting and is young and hungry and getting better? YOU MY MAN KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BOXING if you think thats gonna happen. :laugh:

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
prettyboywho said:
I dont care about the Toney fights. And yes I thought Toney won the first fight also. And I never said he was a true boxer. But he is much better than he was befor. Vitalis last fight was in 2004 IF he fights again it wont be till 2008. 4 years between fights and you think he gonna come in and destroy a fighter who has been fighting and is young and hungry and getting better? YOU MY MAN KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BOXING if you think thats gonna happen. :laugh:

Yes because he is a beter fighter and a better boxer. Actually 3 1/2 years and if his body is healed maybe he will be better than before. The whole hungry fighter thing doesn't work for me he just got knocked down three times by Jameel McCline so how hungry is he. He was fighting as the champ for the first time and puts up that performance not very convincing. I guess the reach advantage the size advantage the power shots have nothing to do with it. I guess since he has been out of the ring 3 1/2 years he is finished. Might want to give Michael Moorer and the others a call on that one and see what he says about Old Big George who was out of the ring for 10 years. So if you have such great knowledge of the sport tell me how a smaller, average boxing skilled and glass jaw fighter beats Vitali. I'm waiting your expert opinion.:dunno:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts