Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your favourite boxer had only three fights left and you were allowed to choose the opponents, who would you pick and why? Here's mine:

David Haye

Wladimir Klitschko - The biggest potential HW right now.

Vitali Klitschko - The chance to fight both brothers.

Samuel Peter - Would be a war.

Joe Calzaghe

Roy Jones JR - Already scheduled and I'm looking forward to it.

Kelly Pavlik - Would be a great occasion and fight.

Chad Dawson - I think Dawson's overrated and would love to see Joe beat him.

And yours?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Mikkel Kessler vs Froch
Mikkel Kessler vs Bute
Mikkel Kessler vs Pavlik

Or

Mikkel Kessler vs Bute
Mikkel Kessler vs Pavlik
Mikkel Kessler vs Pavlik II ( to prove the first win wasnt a fluke :p)

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Guzman-Campbell: Gets him 3 lightweight titles and is automatically top 3 in the lightweight division.
Guzman-Casmayor or Marquez: Makes him #1 in the division and banks a future HOFer for his record
Guzman-Pacquiao: Makes him the undisputed lightweight champ and the light welterweight champ whcih makes him a first ballot HOFer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kostya Tszyu
  • Ricky Hatton (If they could fight in BOTH their primes)
  • Floyd Mayweather
  • Miguel Cotto

Mike Tyson
  • Muhammad Ali (If they could fight in BOTH their primes)
  • Evander Holyfield (If they could fight in BOTH their primes and before Tyson went to prison)
  • Joe Calzaghe - Just too see calzaghe get beat up because he will win against Jones Jr and say hes the best when really in Jones prime he would win..

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Mijares vs. Montiel- Super-Flyweight unification between two damn good little fighters.
Mijares vs. Kirilov/Darchinyan winner- To unify all the titles at 115 and become undisputed #1.
Mijares vs. Donaire- Alot of people rate Donaire very highly, but IMO Mijares would beat him fairly handily. Could be the best at 112 vs. the best at 115:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Kelly Pavlik

vs. Arthur Abraham
because it's the only fight to be made at 160 and should be a bloody and action-packed war

vs. Mikkel Kessler
an interesting matchup and the best fight to be made at 168; Kelly can get a super middleweight title even if Kessler didn't deserve it in the first place

vs. Chad Dawson
because Kelly can get a light heavyweight belt and because I'd love to see Dawson get knocked out in devastating fashion

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
If you mean 3 prime fights left then:

Holmes-Foreman (if you call someone out for 25 years you deserve a match with them)

Holmes-Tyson (so people would see that Holmes WAS the better fighter in his prime)

Holmes-Spinks (so Michael doesn't getlucky on the cards and take the title)

Hagler-Leonard (so Hagler puts even more pressure on Ray and doesn't let him get those flurries off at the end)

Hagler-LaMotta (would be a war)

Hagler-Fullmer (another war)

Marciano-Frazier (would be another huge war)

Marciano-Tyson (so Mike gets knocked out)

Marciano- prime Louis (would be a great fight)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Kelly Pavlik

vs. Arthur Abraham
because it's the only fight to be made at 160 and should be a bloody and action-packed war

vs. Mikkel Kessler
an interesting matchup and the best fight to be made at 168; Kelly can get a super middleweight title even if Kessler didn't deserve it in the first place

vs. Chad Dawson
because Kelly can get a light heavyweight belt and because I'd love to see Dawson get knocked out in devastating fashion
What?? Then who the **** did? Kessler was the former undisputed WBA champ and was made the mando for that title after Calz left 168, and Mundine didnt want to fight him and ofc Kessler got it. Tell me why didnt Kessler deserve it? :S I mean who else did? Miranda lol?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
this is prime vs prime!

prince naz vs morales and pacman

nigel benn vs nunn

calzaghe vs pavlik, hopkins, jones

pacman vs hatton, prince naz and maybe kosta (but that would be a big step)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
this is prime vs prime!

prince naz vs morales and pacman

nigel benn vs nunn

calzaghe vs pavlik, hopkins, jones

pacman vs hatton, prince naz and maybe kosta (but that would be a big step)
Thats one i always wanted to see. Morales wanted that fight so much too, fukk Naz for going for Barrera instead... Erik would have stood toe-to-toe with him and still whooped his azz.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Mayweather-Mosley
Mayweather-Cotto
Mayweather-Tszyu

Calzaghe-Jones
Calzaghe-Pavlik
Calzaghe-Tarver

Jones-Calzaghe
Jones-Dawson
Jones-Johnson II (or maybe Jones-Tarver IV)

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Thats one i always wanted to see. Morales wanted that fight so much too, fukk Naz for going for Barrera instead... Erik would have stood toe-to-toe with him and still whooped his azz.
tbh it would have been a great fight. both explosive. imo a prime naz would have given barerra a much tougher fight. shame that money changes a man

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Cotto-Mayweather
Cotto-De La Hoya
Cotto-Trinidad

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Hopkins-Taylor (Both fights were close, and it's B-hop last chance to prove who's really the best)
Hopkins-RJ (Wouldn't be the same, but would still mean a little something)
Hopkins-Calzaghe (rematch) (B-Hop's last chance to dominate Cal, like he should've done the first fight)

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Mijares vs. Montiel- Super-Flyweight unification between two damn good little fighters.
Mijares vs. Kirilov/Darchinyan winner- To unify all the titles at 115 and become undisputed #1.
Mijares vs. Donaire- Alot of people rate Donaire very highly, but IMO Mijares would beat him fairly handily. Could be the best at 112 vs. the best at 115:thumbsup:
I beg to differ. Donaire is the one guy that can beat Mijares. He's a sharpshooter who doesn't waste punches and a damn good counterpuncher with one punch KO power. I'd bet my house on him.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts