Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you Mayweather lovers, this is going to break your heart. He is considering teaming up with Mark Cuban to compete for his promotional company.

He'll fail miserably if he tries this. As soon as anybody gets their hands on him it's over. He must really think he's Superman. :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i dont see this happening, the money is nowhere near what it is in boxing.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh, where did you hear this? No way Mayweather goes to MMA when he can make 20x as much boxing. From a business point of view it doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's real. They are talking $30 mill, and we all know money Mayweather goes where the $$$ is.

Cuban and he are good friends that met on the Dancing Stars show.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
It's real. They are talking $30 mill, and we all know money Mayweather goes where the $$$ is.

Cuban and he are good friends that met on the Dancing Stars show.
floyd just raked in 100m+ for his last fight so i dont see him fighting again for anything less than this.

id love to see him get his ass kicked in MMA though, i have a feeling he'd knock all those cavemen out to though.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
The sources are espn and boxingscene, but this is simply a publicity stunt to hype of hdnet fights and to keep floyds name in the spotlight for now. This wont happen.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
floyd just raked in 100m+ for his last fight so i dont see him fighting again for anything less than this.

id love to see him get his ass kicked in MMA though, i have a feeling he'd knock all those cavemen out to though.
Floyd would never fit in MMA they wouldnt apreciate his run and hide style and I dont think he's strong enough to rumble

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
YAWN again CJ. I didnt see him running against Hatton, or pre-Baldomir. Stop judging him by the DLH & Baldo fights, where he was outweighed heavily.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I disagree with mayewather going over to mma and dont think for a second he will, but dont underestimate his strength. All his opponents have done that, including hatton. He's alot stronger than you and alot of other people give him credit for.

·
8,579 Posts
YAWN again CJ. I didnt see him running against Hatton, or pre-Baldomir. Stop judging him by the DLH & Baldo fights, where he was outweighed heavily.
He'd be outweighed by more in the MMA Leeds. Anyway he'd be a fool to even consider the MMA while he's riding the crest of the wave in boxing
I never watch MMA anyway I like pure boxing

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Its just a publicity stunt, cuban and floyd are both intelligent business men. Obviously this stunt has worked and grabbed the attention of the media and fans, which they knew it would. They also both know it'll never happen.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't see how you can be so sure. It's not uncommon for boxers to crossover. They always fail at it, but I say if the money's right he'll do it. I'd love to see him get humiliated...And he would.

In addition, he doesn't need the publicity, I don't see how it would help his career at all if he didn't try it.

·
8,579 Posts
I don't see how you can be so sure. It's not uncommon for boxers to crossover. They always fail at it, but I say if the money's right he'll do it. I'd love to see him get humiliated...And he would.

In addition, he doesn't need the publicity, I don't see how it would help his career at all if he didn't try it.

PBF hasnt really got fan support his attitude turns most people away In fact i saw someone on another site say that PBF was voted the most disliked boxer today. Based on his attitude & demeanor not on his boxing skills

·
8,579 Posts
When i chatted with Ali a few years ago he said that in those days he didnt much care whether you loved or hated him just buy a ticket to see me fight put meat in the seats. Ive got a feeling Floyd is the same way

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I know he's the same way. he dont care about what people think. he just wants the money, wants to hype up fights, and put boxing back on the map. Flody usually does deliver on his promises as well. He said he was going to embarrass gatti, he said he was going to give baldomir a boxing lesson, he said the fight with hatton wouldnt go the distance.

·
8,579 Posts
Ali called the round though only twice was he wrong

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Very true, And i loved ali becuase of that, He was the first fight I actually sat down and watched his whole career pan out. Until the day Tyson arrived on the scene, Ali was my favorite fighter. I loved his attitude, his style and his demeanor as a human. I see ali and floyd in the same light. Amazing talent, ali took more risk but he was a good sized heavyewight back then which people dont realize. Floyd is a small guy fighting in divisions he really doesnt belong in. All my favorite fighters have something in common: Speed, reflexes, Good Power and the ability to win no matter what. Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather, Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson. Dare I say Mike Tyson, Although he lacked the mental discipline the others did. I was no alive when robinson fought. The closest Thing ive seen based on film is roy jones jr. I've went back and watched tapes of robinson and rj. The talent is equal, the only difference, robinson went for the kill everytime, rj was a little more conservative.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Did you say intelligent? I never thought I would see that word associated with Floyd. Smart in the ring yes. but let's not get carried away.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.