Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr 'knocked out' the 7'2, 500-pound Big Show before 70,000 raucous fans at World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) annual extravaganza, WrestleMania XXIV.

The marquee attraction, which netted Mayweather a cool $3 million, was settled via the unorthodox yet legal means of a chair and a set of brass knuckles, which flawed the multi-time WWE Champion who was unable to answer the ten count.

The WBC welterweight champion was accompanied to the ring by his entourage, whose efforts to interfere in the contest were thwarted, as they were unceremoniously removed from the ring by the Big Show.

Pretty Boy Floyd, the man behind the media machine, embarked on a whirlwind of media appearances that generated an unprecedented mainstream buzz for WWE's showcase event.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
He is a sell out in this case isnt he?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I didn't get to watch the entire match but what I saw was pretty funny. I honestly don't know how the big show took the KO blow though. Those looked like real brass knuckles and he didn't role with the punch. All The Big Show did was tense his platisma muscle.

Anyways, I noticed Mayweather didn't come to the ring with 50cent. I guess the rumors of their fight was real to a certain extent because Money came out to his own song.
LMFAO... He's a terrible rapper:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Yea the Big Shaw can take a punch. And that would be a shame if him and his "man" 50 really did get into a fight.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well, if not a fight, certainly something. 50 had previously stated that he was going to go to wrestlemania and walk Mayweather into the ring. He wasn't, and 50's song "I Get Money" which was Mayweather theme song in wrestling wasn't used.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Well then it must be true. Domestic violence is a killer

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I saw the beginning of the fight. It was funny as hell. Floyd was wearing cool gloves though. A mix between MMA gloves and boxing gloves. His fur pants reminds me of the trunks he was wearing against N'Dou.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Floyd said 50 would excort him into the ring agaisnt hatton as well but it didnt happen. I think they use each other for more popularity, I dont think they are that good of friends. They stopped being good friends 50 turned down floyds offer to work at Philthy Rich Records.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
This is a good win for pbf, nobody should bring up Cotto again because Big Show has beat some great former world champions like HHH, The Rock, Steve Austin and Undertaker. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
If your goign to dawg floyd for this, dawg ali, holyfield, tyson and tommy hearns as well.
If i remember correct none of those guys ever ducked anyone Lance.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Floyd said 50 would excort him into the ring agaisnt hatton as well but it didnt happen. I think they use each other for more popularity, I dont think they are that good of friends. They stopped being good friends 50 turned down floyds offer to work at Philthy Rich Records.
That would have been the dumbest move ever if 50 would have done that

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Floyd hasnt ever ducked anyone either....not fighting cotto when you want him to isnt ducking. Its building the fight, your arugment will not be valid until floyd and cotto are both officialy retired.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Floyd hasnt ever ducked anyone either....not fighting cotto when you want him to isnt ducking. Its building the fight, your arugment will not be valid until floyd and cotto are both officialy retired.
Floyd is retired. He said it himself that he is Semi-retarted I mean retired :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Lance, you voted yes on the poll asking "is Mayweather ducking Cotto". :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
175 Posts
yea hes def not a sell out...nothing wrong with promotiong yourself more...especically in front of 70,000 people...wish i could seen it

1 - 20 of 297 Posts