Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's on today. Don't reply to this thred. This is just a heads up for anyone interested.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
A good interview by PBF. What I didn't like was that stupid lady filling in for Rome coming off as snooty to him. " We get it, your a big deal". Go **** yourself... Sorry I replied I just had to get that off my chest.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jamele Hill: Okay now, you realize a lot of the fight fans want to see you fight Miguel Cotto. What about him?

Mayweather: Miguel Cotto must step his PPV game up. He must get on my level and get his own fanbase. He must do some real PPV numbers, and become a mega superstar like myself. Then we can talk.

Jamele Hill: Now, you made other peolpe superstars. You made Ricky Hatton a superstar.

Mayweather: No, no I didn't. Ricky Hatton already had a big following. Ricky Hatton was doing numbers in his country. Ricky Hatton had a whole country behind him, so that fight had great meaning behind it. When you have country versus country and one fighter who is the best in the world fighting one who is trying to become the best in the world but is the best in his country and has a big following.

Jamele Hill: But, becuase it's you though...I mean people want to see you fight. Wouldn't that be enough to draw people in to see you fight Miguel Cotto?

Mayweather: No, I don't make other fighters famous. I don't do that. What? Let them eat off of my name? Absolutely not. He must go out and build his own fan base and go out and dedicate himself to the sport of boxing and work hard and do like I've done. And get outside the box and do other things. You must realize this. Floyd Mayweather is his own boss. I don't have no ties to nobody. Cotto have ties to different people. He must become a mega superstar like myself. Just like DLH, DLH had a following and a fanbase. Mayweather has a following and a fan base. When you put the two together man the fight is unreal. Well, Cotto has a country behind him. Mayweather has a crazy fanbase and a lot of controversy behind him. When you bring the two together once again the sky is the limit, but Cotto does small PPV numbers and they go out and make the numbers up. We know Cotto is only doing 280,000 homes when Floyd is doing 2.5 million homes. 2 fights I've done 3.5 million homes and grossed over 300 million last year. As long as Floyd Mayweather is in or involved with the sport of boxing or involved with mayweather promotions boxing is here to stay.

Jamele Hill: Yeah, I understand Floyd...you're a big deal.I just want to thank you for joining me and good luck with Wrestlemania.

Mayweather: Thank you I appreciate it, and tell Jim Rome I can't wait to talk to him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A good interview by PBF. What I didn't like was that stupid lady filling in for Rome coming off as snooty to him. " We get it, your a big deal". Go **** yourself... Sorry I replied I just had to get that off my chest.
Yeah I can't stand that biitch at all. Floyd handled that interview pretty well. I just wish he had half decent grammar! I thought he answered the Cotto questions perfectly, and the fact that they didn't even mention a Hatton rematch shows how far off that is from even being serious.

Floyd is already laying the groundwork for a fight with Cotto. Prior to this he has been blowing off the questions, but now he is talking about actually fighting him. He's smart as hell and knows like I've been saying that the longer they wait the more they make.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Cotto needs to step his PPV numbers up? :confused:

He was the 3rd highest grossing boxer in the world last year....:laugh:

Lame from pbf. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course you will say that, and CJ will say that. That is expected. He handled himself well in that interview.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cotto grossed more than Hatton? I figured DLH, Mayweather, and Hatton would be the top 3 highest grossing boxers. Cotto must be selling some dope.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Of course you will say that, and CJ will say that. That is expected. He handled himself well in that interview.
Obviously he did not, making statments like that.]

Oh yeah, he also said Hatton has a whole country on his side, what? And Cotto doesn't?

Those purto Rican fans are crazy!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Cotto grossed more than Hatton? I figured DLH, Mayweather, and Hatton would be the top 3 highest grossing boxers. Cotto must be selling some dope.
I dont class Hatton as selling the fight in the US, it was an American vs GB fight, pbf sold that fight over there.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I estimate pbf vs Cotto would do 1.5m PPV buys just now, easily.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Oh yeah, he also said Hatton has a whole country on his side, what? And Cotto doesn't?

Yeah they're crazy. They still buy Tito's PPV's, but they don't all back Cotto or he'd be doing big numbers.
I dont class Hatton as selling the fight in the US, it was an American vs GB fight, pbf sold that fight over there.
You can't dance around the issue at hand like that. DLH, Mayweather, and Hatton grossed much more than Cotto last year. That's a fact as you like to say.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yeah they're crazy. They still buy Tito's PPV's, but they don't all back Cotto or he'd be doing big numbers.

You can't dance around the issue at hand like that. DLH, Mayweather, and Hatton grossed much more than Cotto last year. That's a fact as you like to say.
Hatton done 1m buys last year all in, Cotto would have been around that mark too, that is without a huge PPV star fighting him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't believe you are actually trying to say that Cotto is a bigger draw than your boy. Damn you've really got it for Floyd. LOL

Hatton > Cotto when dealing in PPV's.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I can't believe you are actually trying to say that Cotto is a bigger draw than your boy. Damn you've really got it for Floyd. LOL

Hatton > Cotto when dealing in PPV's.
Im not saying that at all, what im saying is pbf is deluded if he thinks Cotto cant sell.

The numbers are there for all to see.

Shane, using your logic SRL could come back and sign to fight pbf and you would try to justify this because he's a big draw.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You misinterpret my logic DRASTICALLY obviously. What numbers? Hatton sells. Cotto doesn't.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
You misinterpret my logic DRASTICALLY obviously. What numbers? Hatton sells. Cotto doesn't.
Cotto obviously does sell, he was one of the top grossing boxers of 07. :rolleyes:

Facts Shane, facts....

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts

LMAO there are 4 million people in puerto rico compared to 50 million in England. I really need to dig up your old posts saying a rematch with Hatton would make more money than a fight against Cotto.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LMAO there are 4 million people in puerto rico compared to 50 million in England. I really need to dig up your old posts saying a rematch with Hatton would make more money than a fight against Cotto.
What the hell are you talking about?

Did i say that once?

What i said is pbf is talking crap when he says Cotto cant sell.

By the way, those 4m are crazy, look at the numbers Tito has done...They get behind there boys.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I really don't like the way Floyd handled the Cotto questions. He's saying the same thing Ricky is saying about WItter though. So I guess we all have to choose what side of the fence we are on here boys. Are they both dodging or are they both in the right in saying the other is undeserving. It is THE EXACT SAME THING!

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
What the hell are you talking about?

Did i say that once?

What i said is pbf is talking crap when he says Cotto cant sell.

By the way, those 4m are crazy, look at the numbers Tito has done...They get behind there boys.
Yeah you were bragging about how Hatton and Floyd would fight again soon because that would make the most money for both guys. But until I dig up these old posts I have no proof. And why the hell are you talkin about Tito? "those 4 milions are crazy" :laugh: Cotto/Mosley did about 400k PPV buys...

1 - 20 of 128 Posts